🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Because it's all in a name...

Started by
7 comments, last by Trip 23 years, 1 month ago
I have started a small business company dealing with designing software and games. We have got everything planned out...even a new web design and new web host. Only problem is: we don''t have a name for ourselves. So I''ve come here looking for help. If you can''t/don''t want to give a name then go ahead and list a few idea''s that we can tie into our name. Any help is supported and greatly appreciated. -Tanner Christensen
Advertisement
Don't know if this already exists , but ...

(The) Nameless Company
or
(The) Nameless Ones
or
Nameless
or
Untitled

That would be original.

"Damn, and I thought you were a cannibal..." -Selkrank, to dwarfsoft

Edited by - runemaster on May 20, 2001 10:03:49 AM
-----Jonas Kyratzes - writer, filmmaker, game designerPress ALT + F4 to see the special admin page.
The Bad Company
Softwarehouse
Company without a name (C)
dorks, inc.
If you are looking for the perfect name, I believe you really need to look at what you represent and how you want people to think of you.

Pick a name that means something to personal to you or represents your work.

I chose the name borngamer for a number of reasons. The first reason is that when I decided I was going to finally give game development a shot, my wife was pregnant with our first child. I wanted to represent my feelings for my child in the company name. I also wanted to be in a position where I could eventually work from home and hopefully spend more time with my family.

I haven''t got there yet. I''m trying to balance a full time programming job, being a parent, working as a contractor on the side, and learning more about game development. Once I get it all in place (it''s been a year), I may actually get some progress on my game development and actually make my dream come true.

Anyways, back to your company name. Choose something meaningfull. Sure you can pick a few random words and it might work for you, but a name with meaning has something extra into it.

But if you want a random name, here''s a few I thought of (and they have no meaning to me).

1. Alien Roadkill
2. Retro Blast Software (if your making retro style games that is)
3. Dead Monkey
4. Smelly Foot
5. Center of the Universe
6. Strange Reflections

Hope some of this helps someone.

borngamer
7. Company that is run/owned by people that are so clueless that cannot even come up with a name.
Well I originally drew up a list of about 20-30 possible names. When searching for a domain name for them, I found that ALL of them had been taken heh.

I guess I must have been drunk when I finally decided on the name cos it sounded cool at the time!
Heh nm I am still happy with it I suppose heh

Philip Lutas
CEO of Optical Realities
Philip LutasMy site of randomness

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement