🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Shareware Success Stories

Started by
19 comments, last by AEBergen1980 23 years, 1 month ago
Thank you for the flowers. Its not me, its just the game. One morning it stood in front of my door and cried: "Please Niels: Develop me!", so I had no choice.

No I am not planning to become a publisher. This is much beyond my abilities (read: money).

My companies website: www.nielsbauergames.com

Advertisement
Uhm. May I blatantly ask everyone to vote for Smugglers in the Isidor contest? I would really like to get this award.

Thank you!

Edited by - Jester101 on May 14, 2001 4:34:52 PM

Is it too late to enter the contest?

Johan Torp - http://www.destruction.nu
Johan Torp - http://www.destruction.nu
Yes unfortunately it is. But you could raise your karma by voting for Smugglers.

k. I have voted.
Shareware sucks. We need a new approach to selling our games. Have any of you been to www.neurosy.com? THis is the only place i''ve seen with an organized and intelligent way of selling games...
First you don''t need to post anonymously, it''s fine to announce something once here.
Anyway there are countless examples that games without a strong reason to make people who like them to pay will simply sell no copies at all, even if you ask for 1 cent people won''t pay due to lazyness, begware doesn''t work, if you don''t want money just leave a game freeware but if you want someone to pay you will need a real reason. The only option to get any money by giving full games away is advertising, I never thought I would say this to anyone but: AT LEAST put some advertising in your site.
True... I''ve only heard of one nagware success... Snood. I guess the guy who wrote that pulled something like 250k from it over time. Very impressive, definitely not the norm.

Visit my web site.
"I came, I saw, I coded."
Visit my web site."I came, I saw, I coded."
Well, I for my part cannot complain about shareware.

Hey AEBergen. I just checked out your site and found you have written a review about Smugglers. Thanks mate! I posted your URL in my news section.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement