🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

rendering into textures

Started by
2 comments, last by Sengir 24 years, 9 months ago
You can in D3D.

I can't remember the exact procedure, but you create a surface with both the flags of a buffer and a texture...

Advertisement
Would someone please give some info on how to go about creating a texture that you can use BltFast with. My texture return failures when I tried it on a texture created with just the texture cap. What more do I need to do?
would be great if it would be possible to render into textures in hardware like you render into a framebuffer.
just wanted to say that...great algorithms which you could use with software could be used in hw, too.
Sengir

--
Sengir
I found out what is the matter, but I still have a problem. I have tested my texture code, and it works fine. I have Blt'ed from offscreen plains to the texture, and that works fine, but when I try to blt from the front buffer, or the backbuffer, to either the texture surface, or the offscreen surface, the blt fails...is there something I don't know about blting with the screen buffers? How can I get around this?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement