🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

DirectPlay

Started by
0 comments, last by Zenroth 24 years, 9 months ago
Does anyone have any simple examples or tutorials on DirectPlay? I know the directx sdk has quite a few but i feel they are hard to follow. What im looking for is like something that just sets up a internet connection to a specified ip address and updates a struct on there side. Should be real simple ( i imagine it is ). But it would be a big help to me. Any Directplay info would be(and yes ive read the docs bout 3 times and am still not sure what all i have to use to set it up. Do i have to use players?, ect or can i just send info.)
Advertisement
DirectPlay isn't simple, so you won't find some simple apps. And managing players and thinggies like that are much to do, so IMO you should get a book, maybe Inside DirectX and read through the samples. Have the SDK documentation opened and look at any command you don't understand, it's the best way if you don't learn how to use by reading through the docs.

Bye

------------------
Skullpture Entertainment

Graphix Coding @Skullpture Entertainmenthttp://www.skullpture.de

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement