🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

[4e6] Time Crystals

Started by
15 comments, last by Programmer101 16 years, 4 months ago
Looks really good, you just need to give the hero some snappy one liners.

"If I blew these zombies they would damn near explode."
I dream hard of helping people.
Advertisement
That is looking really good! Keep up the good work!
Thanks for the positive feedback guys! I should have an in-game combat video that I can post within the next couple of weeks, a little behind schedule I know :).
Hi again. Lately I have been working on adding more physics stuff to the game and getting the AI finished up. There is now combat AI which is cool and a good thing because the game is due in early April. I also implemented A* path finding for NPCs.

I have lately started to dislike the overall 'look' of the game. So artwork aside, I've been trying to make it loom cooler and I've had some difficulty. I'll post a screen shot here. If anyone has any suggestions for me, please post! Thanks.

I think it could use some light.
Looks pretty good. The wall on the right looks like it could use a doorframe though, the door seems to be standing apart from the wall.

edit: Just checked out the vid. Nevermind about the door, working on little details would only waste time when the deadline is so close.

[Edited by - vrihai on March 17, 2008 9:53:24 AM]
For more light, I guess you mean multiple lights. I've been wanting to do this since the start of the contest, but I'm just afraid that the judges' computers will not be able to handle per pixel and normal mapping with multiple lights. I suppose I could add more of an ambient factor and have a fixed function fall back. If I get around to it, I will surely do that.

I also agree that the door looks strange lacking a door frame. I do intend to add this. Until this point I have really only focused on the engine and the design document, so I have about 2 weeks to do all of the art and level design lol.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement