🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

[4E6] DoC

Started by
0 comments, last by Lesan 16 years, 9 months ago
So, because it's pretty easy to make my major project meet the elemental guidelines, and because I needed some motivation to work harder on it, here's my current proposed entry. (Judges: If this 1.5-year-old project violates some timing guideline, please tell me) Name: Dawn of Civilization Genre: RTS/CBS Graphical level: Full 3d Age: 1.5 years (Possible sticking point) Development platform: Game Maker 7 Elemental presence: Ponies: Cavalry units. Chariots, scouts, heavy mounted soldiers - lots of horses/ponies in this game. Explosions: Catapult + Building = Boom. Also, Greek fire; Battering Rams; etc. Crystals: Special resources (Jewelery) needed for your population's happiness and for trade. Accountants: Tax Collectors are a minor presence, with your job as city manager being a larger one (Keep track of and organize your population's needs/wants or your city may fall; pretty accountant-ish, really.) Screenshots: A desolate prairie scene. A desolate prairie scene. Shows off procedurally-generated trees, rocks, and grass cover. An image taken a while ago ingame. An image taken ingame a while back; it shows off the interface (Outdated); a city under construction (certain models outdated); and many of the possible buildings/units. Miscellaneous description: DoC is a city-building RTS (Equal emphasis on both parts, rather than the tilted scales used in various professional games) set in the time before Christ. It aims to seamlessly merge two somewhat similar genres while immersing the player in a fully-realized natural world. The current design includes four "eras" of city development, dozens of units, and almost a hundred buildings. Setting it apart from other RTS games are (of course) the emphasis on city-building; the variety of buildings and units; and the fact that all "civilization customization" (think C&C NOD vs. GDI) is done entirely ingame by choosing how you "era up," rather than choosing a civilization that may or may not work well on the map. Engine features: * Procedurally-generated terrain and scenery * Post-process glow filter * Bump mapping * Detail mapping on terrain
Advertisement
I think it does not violate rules. You may use your old creations, however, you may be awarded less points in the Cohesiveness category. (as superpig said).

The screenshots look excellent.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement