🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

NFS3-HELP!!!! cannot get glide to work

Started by
0 comments, last by caribou_nf 24 years, 10 months ago
I have tried everything I can think of. I have check for and downloaded ANY patches or fixes, I have checked the CD and I have even checked the maker of my CPU & Video card to see if help is there. My problem is this, I can get D3D to work fine, but I want to get glide to work. In the 3D setup it says that I have choosen 3DFX VooDoo 3, but the logo sceen for 3DFX does not appear. I have a VooDoo 3 2000 PCI and it also says on the 3DFX site that my game is directly supported for 3DFX glide. Anyone that can give me a hand, it would be GREATLY appreciated!!!!

Thanks!!!!

Advertisement
Have you disabled the splash screen? Make sure u haven't and try again. Besides, all games don't show the splash no matter what you select. But, I must ask: are there two options in the 3d setup, like one for D3D and different for Glide? There should be. 3Dfx VooDoo sounds directx to me, not glide. And make sure you have the right glide version installed (if the game uses glide 2. something, you can't use glide3x.dll, as the game doesn't detect it.)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement