🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

[4e6] Abnormal Onslaught

Started by
1 comment, last by Nehacoo 16 years, 10 months ago
Title: Abnormal Onslaught Genre: FPS with role-playing elements (character creation, skill system). Setting: A large island in a world where magic exists alongside with guns. Plot: Ancient lich Accountants are taking over the world, bringing systematization... and evil, of course. Their plan is to use their evil magic to raise undead ponies, and release them to spread the curse over the world. When the humans of the world surrender to the accountants and their zombies, the accountants will seize control of the world. The player has to help a group called the Light Wind (hippie-like fellows) to collect magical crystals which they will use to fight the accountants. Expect some plot twists. (The story is actually more complicated than what I have written above) Obviously, the story will be presented better in the game. Gameplay: You play in a large open randomly generated world, with cities and perhaps dungeons. If I get the time I will make the game very free in what it lets you to do, for instance killing any NPC or sneaking into any house. (But I doubt I will) The combat is Doom-style first person shooter action, but with character skills affecting accuracy and damage. And I'll probably include a system for spellcasting. Technology: Game Maker. (I'm slightly ashamed of that, I would use something else if I had the time to learn using it. However, Gamemaker is not as limited as some people think. The name is quite misleading, really.) No screenshots yet. [Edited by - Nehacoo on November 8, 2007 10:46:29 AM]
Advertisement
"FPS with role-playing elements (character creation, skill system)"

hrms, have you ever googled Sauerbraten? I would. Its the successor to an FPS called Cube, and its geared to do the same things. The source code for it is available, but I can't remember the license spec. Might be open source, MIT, or such.
I checked Sauerbraten out, the license is basically that you may use the code but not the resources. The thing is, the only reason I use Game Maker for this is simply that it is the only game programming environment I am really familiar with, and I don't have time to learn anything else. But thanks anyway!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement