🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

"Shade Your World" shading contest

Started by
13 comments, last by christiancoder 16 years, 10 months ago
Quote: Original post by rick_appleton
Quote: Original post by coding penguin
try also nvidia developers forums, might get help quicker there

The link in my post points at a post I made there two days ago. No replies yet though.

Download the latest drivers for your GPU. If it still doesn't work, try using the DirectX device instead of the OpenGL device (you might need to change the configuration files as the latest layout has been stored now).

What GPU/configuration do you have?
Advertisement
Quote: Original post by remigius
Quote:
... FX Composer provides true cross-platform functionality.

If only my newest NVidia card wasn't a GeForce Go440 [grin] I don't suppose it will work (well) on ATI hardware?

It should work fine on any DX9-class hardware, be it ATI, Intel or NVIDIA. Of course, a GeForce Go440 is going to be a bit weak...
Quote: Original post by Emmanuel Deloget
Quote: Original post by rick_appleton
Quote: Original post by coding penguin
try also nvidia developers forums, might get help quicker there

The link in my post points at a post I made there two days ago. No replies yet though.

Download the latest drivers for your GPU. If it still doesn't work, try using the DirectX device instead of the OpenGL device (you might need to change the configuration files as the latest layout has been stored now).

What GPU/configuration do you have?

I've got the latest drivers for my GPU (GeForce 6200) and am fully updated on WinXP Pro (service pack 2 plus updates). I've taken a look at all seemingly valid .xml and .cfg files in the root of FX Composer 2 but can't find any reference to a rendering device.
have you tried installing fxcomposer exclusivly?
i know it comes packaged with several plugins etc
and if i remember correctly, they are optional at install
I have a nv 6200 as well and I can't get any OpenGL app to run. I am crashing in wglMakeCurrent, can you try a simple gl app (like one of the NeHe tutorials)?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement