🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

voxel graphics

Started by
1 comment, last by drizzit 24 years, 8 months ago
For a voxel landscape, try rendering a dead-on overhead view of a map in 3ds Max, with the renderer set to z values rather than RGB values. This should be a pretty good heightfield... it's roughly how Outcast (www.appeal.be) is handling things. They have a pretty sophisticated document on the subject on their site; look for the "GDC Presentation."
Advertisement
I was just looking for a voxel graphics convertor or a 3d program that can make them and read them
Talking about outcast - have anyone managed to download the demo and actually get it to work? I've downloaded 4 different versions from 4 different sites - all with ZIP errors (I HAVE tried different ZIP tools, including the most recent WinZip).

I'm kind of tired of 100MB+ downloads that doesn't work , but eager to see how the game looks "in action".... The screenshots are bloody cool, despite the low resolution.

/Niels

<b>/NJ</b>

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement