🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

try my finished dx8 space arcade game

Started by
0 comments, last by BeanDog 23 years, 3 months ago
This is my first finished dx8 game (my second game overall, first was DDraw7). It's pretty easy to understand. Download it here: www.inventorybalancing.com/space.zip Just run /space/space.exe, click start new game and you're off! Use a joystick to fly around, trigger fires, button 2 fires a missile, button 3 and 4 select a target closest to the center of your screen and change primary weapon (forget which is which), some other button changes view. For keyboard: arrow keys steer A and Z control throttle right control fires space bar is missile v changes view w changes weapon t gets a target ESC brings up a menu. Slow, Regular, and Fast are game speeds. You start with 4 allies and 4 bad guys. You basically fly around shooting all the blue ships. Whenever you kill one, a new one appears somewhere and you get a point. Every now and then 2 will appear, so the game gets crowded as you go along. Every time an ally dies, you lose a point and they don't come back. Sometimes you will get bonuses (faster ship, another ally, more rockets, etc.). Try to rack up the highest score! And tell me your FPS and system specs please. ~BenDilts( void ); Hey everyone! Geocities shut me down because I was using my directory to send files around (?!) so I have moved the .zip to: www.inventorybalancing.com/space.zip Sorry for any trouble! ~BenDilts( void ); Edited by - BeanDog on April 10, 2001 8:26:44 PM
Advertisement
Very good.

~85 fps on Athalon 700 with 128mb on Voodoo 3 (theres the bottle-neck)

You should include the instructions in a readme file, as I didn''t read your post to carefully. And if you could have left control as fire as well, that would improve the gameplay IMHO.

Very good game though.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement