Advertisement

An "interesting" twist to a stratergy game...

Started by April 01, 2001 02:35 PM
3 comments, last by NightWraith 23 years, 5 months ago
I had this idea the other day... then I realised I was sure I''d already seen it done but I just cant think where... anyways the idea is as follows. (No, not Dungeon Keeper, although its similar) The basic idea is the player is one of many Gods who are blah blah one true God blah blah fighting blah blah etc.. (ie they''re out to kill all other gods, which they do by destroying all the other Gods sacred sites and things [havent thought to much on this as its not too integral to the idea, except for the God bit]) In the game there is a pre created set of units (and there is no (or at least very litte) unit creation) who all start out neutral, and it is upto the Gods to influence the units over to thier side (using spells and such). This can happen at any time of the game, which may lead to players "stealing" units from other players. There would also be areas where the units are safe from other Gods influence. Obviously the whole game idea needs a lot of work, (which I''m not gonna put in for a while) but its just people views on the basic concept I would like...
NightWraith
It kind of reminds me of populous (old game, but it was very good ). You'd have a couple people to start with (and so would the other god, there was only one other in the original populous) and would have to spread your followers across the land. The more followers you had, the more powerful magic you got (volcanos, floods, earthquakes, armagedon, and lots of paladin stuff).

You could turn one of your better follows into a paladin (his power is kind of determined by your own power), and have him burn down the nonbelievers' houses, and when (and if) someone casts armagedon, your paladin would fight the other god's paladin in the center of the map.

Anyway, it was a great game, I'm not sure if it has been recreated since then though.

"Finger to spiritual emptiness underlying everything." -- How a C manual referred to a "pointer to void." --Things People Said
Resist Windows XP's Invasive Production Activation Technology!
http://druidgames.cjb.net/

Edited by - Null and Void on April 1, 2001 4:55:52 PM
Advertisement
Hey, isnt RGB(0,0,0) & RGB(255,255,255) supposed to be about gods fighting blahblahblah ?

Edited by - Diodor on April 1, 2001 10:00:43 PM
I haven''t played or seen RGB (0,0,0) & RGB (255,255,255, but my friend described it to me and it sounded like that. Its a cool idea.
Visit http://members.xoom.com/ivanickgames
NIGHTWRAITH:
Might be interesting to first play Black & White (I''ve been waiting all weekend but I guess it''ll arrive today). It has the ''god'' and ''struggle'' elements, and all sorts of ''steal enemies units'' elements as well.

I''m very biased towards the ''god'' way of playing. Why? Because it gives a reason for incredible power on the player''s hand but on the other side it also gives a reason for a lack of power (because there are many more gods and in their struggle for power some may lose some may gain).

Then there''s the element of the units being used that will vary from powerless to mighty powerful (although still beneath gods of course).

Me likie.
You either believe that within your society more individuals are good than evil, and that by protecting the freedom of individuals within that society you will end up with a society that is as fair as possible, or you believe that within your society more individuals are evil than good, and that by limiting the freedom of individuals within that society you will end up with a society that is as fair as possible.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement