Advertisement

Ideas for life sim

Started by March 31, 2001 07:08 AM
2 comments, last by cooldaddyk 23 years, 5 months ago
I need some ideas on what features my life simulator should have(please don''t say 3d engine features because i have them already). I need gameplay ideas to make this the best life sim ever. The project is open-sourced(check out my crappy website(if you can do graphics and website and is willing to help I would appreciate it)). There no screenshots yet because i''m still planning the game and making the 3D Engine(OpenGL). I''m using Dev-C++(MingW32). Also job position are open for developers,graphics,music and sfx(documentation later). Thanks a lot. P.S. The main site is still being constructed

Kris Dawson: Myriad Studios

Quote of the day:

If you say "n o - c o m m e n t" your automaticaly guilty.

Your Life A Life Simulator
i forgot to say the game is played in single player mode(with AI people) and Multiplayer. I know some of you(if not all of you) think I can''t do it. But trust me I can and with more people fast. So send me your ideas the more the better.

Kris Dawson: Myriad Studios

Quote of the day:

If you say "n o - c o m m e n t" your automaticaly guilty.

Your Life A Life Simulator

Advertisement
quote: Original post by cooldaddyk
I need some ideas on what features my life simulator should have(please don''t say 3d engine features because i have them already). I need gameplay ideas to make this the best life sim ever.

Um, this is obvious to most people, (I think) but I''ll say it anyway (Imminent flame starting):

Gameplay is what comes FIRST.

Don''t bother with 3D, snazzy, doobery-whatsits, till you have some notion of the gameplay.

Don''t bother with AI gumph until you have a notion of the gameplay.

Don''t even think about single/multiplayer options until you HAVE THE GAMEPLAY SORTED OUT!

Don''t take this the wrong way, but if most people think you won''t be able to do this, from just one read of your posts on this thread, I think they''re right. You are totally disorganised. Get your ideas straight in your own mind before you try to forge ahead.

(End of flame) Phew! I think I need to go and cool down now
Virtual Worldlets.net, the re-designed, re-built, and re-launched,
rapidly expanding home of online, persistent worlds
[ deleted, flamebait ]

Edited by - MadKeithV on April 4, 2001 3:15:14 AM

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement