🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Online RPG/Talker

Started by
0 comments, last by Darkeye 23 years, 3 months ago
Hey, just thought I would tell you about something me and Magicdude have been working on for a while. Its basically an online RPG (although it is more chat oriented, but there will be games/fighting etc). At the moment it is just in a basic alpha version, however we have the basic framework in place, you can walk around the map, talk to other users, go into the different buildings (there is only one at the moment) etc. It is still very buggy, and we still have lots of features to add Oh, I forget to mention the aspect we are most proud of, since we couldnt afford a server, it runs entirely over the Afternet IRC network Of course, this has some side effects, the game is not persistant state, although we are working on a way to make it seem more like it actually is We don''t have a website at the moment (lazy webdesigner), however we do have a bulitin board at http://server48.hypermart.net/wuzzleonline/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi and we are all in #wuzzle on irc.afternet.org pretty much all of the time So, I am inviting you all to come take a look at this project of ours, maybe give us some feedback on it. Cheers, Darkeye P.S. We could really use another artist, our current one is brillaint but our only form of communication with him is through email, and that isnt the best solution really.
Advertisement
I was thinking of doing something extremely similar, I''d be interested to find out more... let me know via ICQ: 2825400 or email: webmaster@neorift.net
The Silver Abyss
Email: neorift@neorift.net
ICQ: 2825400-------------------------www.NeoRift.net-------------------------

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement