🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

New Project, Newbies Wanted

Started by
7 comments, last by locutus 23 years, 3 months ago
Hello, I am currently developing a revolutionary style of game. I am an experienced programmer, graphic artist, 3d artist, and musician. I need aprentices, you may say, to assist me on my current project. This is the perfect first time opportunity for those of you who want to start making games, but have no where to begin. I will tutor you in all you need to know to make what you need to make. Do you want to be a part of the creation of the next big thing? Sign up by emailing me at e@chip-web.com Screenshots of the engine can be seen here: http://go.to/project0/ (even though it looks like a FPS, trust me, it will be above and beyond any genre)
Advertisement
Ha ha ha, you have no idea what you''re getting into...I trying this also.
locutus, I would be *honored* if you would tutor me. My email is strike@bah-online.com and please send me a message. My experiences with programming are as follows:
•DOS QuickBasic programmer for a few years
•Newbie to Dev-C++ 4.0 -- made some simple programs
•JUST starting with OpenGL and need some help understanding the
glVertex3f(f, f, f); lines among whatever else is used to
draw.

I have been creating levels and MODs for Jedi Knight Dark Forces II for about 2 years now, and have a pretty good understanding on rendering polygons. I can''t say that I will necessarily come back to this message board, so please email me instead. If you wish to tutor me and work together, let me know

<<=-Strike-=>>

strike@bah-online.com
by the way, the screenshots look amazing!
What''s up? Newbies wanted, huh? That''s something you don''t hear every day. Well, I''m not a brand-newbie, but close enough. I''ve had experience in DirectX and C++ mostly. I have done real-time-strategy somewhat...but I would like to get into 3-d. My email is beavt8r@hotmail.com, so if you would like my help (if any ), then just let me know. Thanks!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Don''t take life seriously, because nobody gets out alive, anyway.

-Beavt8r
It is coming...10 years in the making and It is finally coming-Beavt8r...
Wow, I would also be honoured to help you design this revolutionary game. I''m a FPS fanatic. As for programming experience, well.....

1 year experience in C++ -I have all the fundementals nailed down (variables,logic,pointers, basic OOP)
familiar with gcc, and msvc 6.0++
I''ve made a [buggy] 3D pong game in OpenGL
I have a ok/good understanding of the Winapi. I can write basic Windows apps.
I have a good understanding of the Allegro library (Graphical)

I would be absolutely gratefull if you would accept me as part of the team. Im a good team player with lots of ambition. my email address is:

gameprogrammer@excite.com

PS: is it a first come first serve idea?
Ciphersoftware website

Support the open source community

Sign me up too!!! My relavant programming experience is as follows: MSVC 6, Windows API, MFC, Direct Draw & Direct 3D. I can make 2D games, but I am trying to teach myself 3D to build a full 3D engine, as well as adding multiplayer support with direct play. I also have experience with 3d studio and photoshop if that helps.

psychosis@onebox.com
YO, sign me up! I''m an almost complete newbie. I''ve:

* Made a windows app with C++ and understand an ok amount
* Can program in DOS/UNIX(I guess) pretty good
* Learned about pointers, references, unions, structs, classes, functions, data types, and I''ll get in trouble if I list too much, so contact me at

MechZell98@aol.com
I also am starting OpenGL and trying to create my own network, instead of using someone else''s. But that might be a while... No experience in DirectX.

*Also started on some HTML bout a year ago, but quit in 2 weeks.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement