🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

And the winners ?

Started by
26 comments, last by Boder 17 years, 6 months ago
Haha!
Advertisement
:) Now that 2006 it's over they have all the time until 4E6 :)

And BTW does anyone know when 4E6 will start ? Or at least if there will be a 4E6 ?

Quote: Original post by owl
Why the hurry? You didn't win anyway!

Well, yes, I didn't win, however, I want to know whether I'm disqualified. :)
That's why the hurry.
I visit this forum every day, it's nice reading the posts. I had to remove a DirectX dll from my zip to keep my prog from being disquallified, is yours at risk for the same reasons?
Quote: Original post by valles
I visit this forum every day, it's nice reading the posts. I had to remove a DirectX dll from my zip to keep my prog from being disquallified, is yours at risk for the same reasons?

No. I'm just not sure whether my implementation of the Emotion element is sufficient. On forum of my 4e5 entry, someone said, that the game made him laugh. I hope it's sufficient.

Why ? is there a problem with DirectX dlls ?
Quote: Original post by deltadream

Why ? is there a problem with DirectX dlls ?

If I remember correctly, there are some legal issues about redistributing the D3DX DLL. Maybe those have been resolved, though.
AFAIK distributing the DLL by itself still isn't allowed. You should use DirectSetup or the redistributable runtime installer packed with the SDK to distribute the DLL. I believe the redistributable will install all D3DX DLL versions up to its (the installer's) current version since December 2005 though, so you shouldn't need to worry about this.
Rim van Wersch [ MDXInfo ] [ XNAInfo ] [ YouTube ] - Do yourself a favor and bookmark this excellent free online D3D/shader book!
Thanks for the info.
For those who don't normally check the journals:

Superpig's update on the 4e5 judging

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement