🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

A Little Late ....

Started by
1 comment, last by reckless 17 years, 11 months ago
erm, lemme first introduce myself .... im reckless; my friend - zymph, introduced me to this site ...... he wanted me and him to enter the contest and see if we could come up with something good. after extensivley reading all the forum threads for the past 7 hours straight ,it seems we are a tad too late to enter the competition and all of you guys are already half done .... was wondering if it is still worth a shot to try though. Got couple of questions ----- 1)It would be a big help if we could know whether we can just design / develop just around 2 hours gameplay, since judges will only be evaluating 30 mins or 1 hour or so of the game? This will definitely help us focus more on quality rather than on quantity. 2)I study 3DS Max and Photoshop at Autodesk's authorised training centers where they have an Educational License (thats free for use until its non-commercial). So, since im a student there and use these applications, can I use them for this contest, provided i get an approval from the institute for the same and make the models/textures from and at the institute? Thanks in advance ......
Advertisement
Quote: Original post by reckless
was wondering if it is still worth a shot to try though.
I'd say so, yes. You've still got three months to put something together in.

Quote:
1)It would be a big help if we could know whether we can just design / develop just around 2 hours gameplay, since judges will only be evaluating 30 mins or 1 hour or so of the game? This will definitely help us focus more on quality rather than on quantity.
If you're talking about the number of levels you include, then that sounds OK. Just make sure that it has closure, that it's a complete "episode" - don't just abruptly run out of content after two hours.

Quote: 2)I study 3DS Max and Photoshop at Autodesk's authorised training centers where they have an Educational License (thats free for use until its non-commercial). So, since im a student there and use these applications, can I use them for this contest, provided i get an approval from the institute for the same and make the models/textures from and at the institute?
That sounds fine.

Richard "Superpig" Fine - saving pigs from untimely fates - Microsoft DirectX MVP 2006/2007/2008/2009
"Shaders are not meant to do everything. Of course you can try to use it for everything, but it's like playing football using cabbage." - MickeyMouse

oooh, i absolutely love you guys ...
i dont know about winning this thing but im gonna make sure i put a decent enough entry ...

thanks a ton .....

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement