🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Try Jetpack Man! You'll be glad you did!

Started by
3 comments, last by sputnick 23 years, 4 months ago
Download Jetpack Man, a new game by Ben and Nick, from our current website (yes, we hate angelfire too... we''re still deciding on a domain name) www.angelfire.com/games2/nickandben We want any comments or questions, PLEASE!!! We''re going to college for this stuff, and we wanna know how we measure up. I also just put up Jetpack Man in the GD Showcase, here''s the link: http://www.gamedev.net/community/gds/projects/default.asp?projectID=174 Email us at jetpackman@mail.com. Any info is good info! Thanks in advance.
Advertisement
Congrats! A working game!

I downloaded the no-music version, as 31 megs is a little too much for a Pacman clone (around 100K should be it, in my opinion).

The color scheme is a little funky; which is a nice way to say a little ugly, but not revolting.

Even though my system hates 16bpp screen resolutions, it ran at a playable framerate and actually passed a few screens without getting touched by the seahorses.

The flying bubbles are a nice touch but I thought they were very, very minimally distracting (less that 5% on the distract-o-meter); perhaps a smoother framerate (again, which I don''t have) they would pass in peace.

Anyhow, nice game, and good luck on future works!

.travois.
Thanks for the response, Travois!

Yeah, the 31 megger is mostly for fun... you can actually just put some mp3''s in there and play them during their respective levels (music1.mp3 through music5.mp3, and themesong.mp3)

LOL... We know about the colors on the first level, but no matter how we tried, underwater just sort of ended up like that. I completely forgot to put an option in to turn off that top layer... another item more for looks than anything else. I also forgot to say that you can get a framerate by pressing F9.

Thanks again for the input!
it''s well done the game.
looks pretty funny,especially the nmes.
it''s easy ,i beat all levels the first time i played it.

but the 23503324th pacman clone,somewhat boring to me...
"thinketh of something new,you young people of sinai" (iesiah,15:23)

ps: "crazy chicky" on video console "creativision" was first 2 player pacman i played,it was great
Karl - Blueskied Games | my german site: Gratis Spiele
DOH! We thought we had the first one, LOL. We weren''t very thorough in our checking though, hehe. ;>

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement