🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

[4E5] Countdown Available

Started by
6 comments, last by Moe 17 years, 11 months ago
Someone requested a countdown 'til 4E, so here's one I just threw together. It does give you an idea of how long everyone has left until midnight, November 30, 2006. Cheers and good luck everyone.
Advertisement
Maybe an example of usage? Or even better, host the jar yourself, and just give us the HTML to invoke it? We don't all have a clue about java applets. :)
Couldn't resist making my own with &#106avascript [lol]

The 4E5 Countdown

Has only been tested in FF and IE [smile]
Richard 'ViLiO' Thomasv.net | Twitter | YouTube
That's pretty nice, ViLiO. Sorry, mako_5, but I can't download yours at the moment (due to the computer I'm on, not because of your link). Those should provide some motivation for those entering. (I think I've given up...just not enough time)
LOL! Thanks guys, this is all my fault. I tried them both out - they're different by ~18 hours, so one or the other doesn't take the time zone into account. I should know which, but that would take thought. And ViLiO, was the music really necessary?
___________________________________________________David OlsenIf I've helped you, please vote for PigeonGrape!
Mine wasn't taking the timezone into account, but it is now (thanks sirob), also I changed the way the sound is embedded so it should play in FF and IE (other browsers untested but hopefully should work). [smile]

Now to get back to work on my entry, time is ticking! [wow]
Richard 'ViLiO' Thomasv.net | Twitter | YouTube
I wonder if SuperPig could be presuaded to put that &#106avascript one on the official page on gamedev.net...
Anything posted is personal opinion which does not in anyway reflect or represent my employer. Any code and opinion is expressed “as is” and used at your own risk – it does not constitute a legal relationship of any kind.
If I had enough energy to get off my lazy butt I could try and write a .NET web service that does the same thing...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement