Advertisement

[4E5] Screenshots and Art

Started by June 05, 2006 10:15 AM
351 comments, last by XDigital 17 years, 9 months ago
Quote: Original post by omicron1
I'm working on creating a 3d view for navigational purposes. My goal is to create a 3d view/gameplay part while keeping the style of the interface and 2d map.
*snip image*

Heh, you seem to be using the same test map as I am... though my game won't take place in anything near that time period.

It isn't a test map for me. I'm going to be using that map ingame, especially since I already prepared a water/land mask for it. (I had to hand-fill in every pixel of water; that is how I got the sea areas.) Also, my game is set in the 14th to 18th centuries, so the map style fits well.
Advertisement
Just started work on my entry today:
-----------------------------Play Stompy's Revenge! Now!
Here's a screeny of the terrain editor I whipped up for our entry:

My Current Project Angels 22 (4E5)
So many strategy games. Since I like strategy games, this contest will be fun to play the results of.
Well, I decided that for this project I should learn some modeling, seeing as how I am doing a 3D game. So I settled down this morning and took a look at Milkshape. After three hours, I had this:

Gun1

Its an M4A1 Carbine with a mounted Remington 870 MCS under the barrel. It took me around three hours, and has around 1200 polygons, which I have to optimize down. Then I will look at texturing.

Any suggestions on anything that would make it look better?
Mike Popoloski | Journal | SlimDX
Advertisement
Quote: Original post by ussnewjersey4
Any suggestions on anything that would make it look better?

It looks a little wide on the pistol grip, but other than that, nothing a good texture wont fix.

Nice Job!

My Current Project Angels 22 (4E5)
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
______________________________________________________________________________________With the flesh of a cow.
I'm doing a FPnS = First Person non-Shooter.
It's called sector 29.
The world has been taken over by orge like things (the ogro and the sod from Beginning ogl programming most likly) London has been divided up into sectors (by giant steal walls) so the remaining population would not rebel. You are part of the resistance group in sector 29. Use your wit, bribe guards, setup traps (since guns are impossible (nearly) to get), trade on the underground market to get chemicals for explosives and escape into the wilderness. Here is the first frame of the game, in your little house that has been assigned to you. It's after curfew, and you have to get to a resistance meeting.
Your house

Your house

your looking at normal mapping with specular, even if it doesn't show up on the screen here. (compressed)
The spoons and teapots on the table are not placed, they are running in a physics engine, inlcuding the table itself.
Graphic engine is home made and physics is Novodex.
Game graphics ~50% complete. Working on AI traders and pirates.

I'm using a 3d modeler I developed to create models for the game.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement