Advertisement

[4E5] Roll call!

Started by June 04, 2006 11:17 AM
228 comments, last by userjp 18 years ago
I'm quite busy, and don't want to shelve something I'm already working on, but I'm going to try to get something in as a side-project. Now, how to fit those elements together nicely... emblem is my sticking point with my present line of thinking.

- Jason Astle-Adams

Quote: Original post by MetaKnight
I will forego all masterbation this summer and join this contest!
For the third time!

Congrats on your anniversary [lol]

Rim van Wersch [ MDXInfo ] [ XNAInfo ] [ YouTube ] - Do yourself a favor and bookmark this excellent free online D3D/shader book!
Advertisement
Not to sound like a party pooper, but I don't think I will be getting an entry in. I simply don't know enough programming to do what I would like to do, as well as I don't have enough time to do what I would like to do (as I am in school full time, and will be in school all summer and from September-May).

I can think of an idea that uses 3 out of 4 elements, but the 4th (economy) just doesn't fit. I mean, yeah, it could be tacked on, but it really wouldn't affect the gameplay or the game itself.
Quote: Original post by Moe
Not to sound like a party pooper, but I don't think I will be getting an entry in. I simply don't know enough programming to do what I would like to do, as well as I don't have enough time to do what I would like to do (as I am in school full time, and will be in school all summer and from September-May).

I can think of an idea that uses 3 out of 4 elements, but the 4th (economy) just doesn't fit. I mean, yeah, it could be tacked on, but it really wouldn't affect the gameplay or the game itself.

Remember that you don't necessarily need to program it.

I'm intrigued that nobody seems to be interested in doing an RPG.

Richard "Superpig" Fine - saving pigs from untimely fates - Microsoft DirectX MVP 2006/2007/2008/2009
"Shaders are not meant to do everything. Of course you can try to use it for everything, but it's like playing football using cabbage." - MickeyMouse

Quote: Original post by superpig
I'm intrigued that nobody seems to be interested in doing an RPG.

I believe ArchWizard and Dwarfsoft will be writing an RPG.
Quote: Original post by superpig
Remember that you don't necessarily need to program it.

Am I missing something then?

As for an RPG, it would be possible to get all 4 elements in it, probably easier so than some other genres (FPS anyone?).
Advertisement
I was thinking about making a RPG before the contest that is set in Europe and with an emblem of sorts...

Maybe i'll join if I can scrounge up some graphics [smile]
Well I'm going to give it a go. This time I plan on not letting myself get sidetracked in to doing sound tools and openal stuff like I did last year [smile]

I guess you might call mine a role playing game, though nothing like anything that has gone before. Well I hope not anyway.
Anything posted is personal opinion which does not in anyway reflect or represent my employer. Any code and opinion is expressed “as is” and used at your own risk – it does not constitute a legal relationship of any kind.
Can I try? This will be my first real project that I HAVE to finish. [lol]
So... Muira Yoshimoto sliced off his head, walked 8 miles, and defeated a Mongolian horde... by beating them with his head?

Documentation? "We are writing games, we don't have to document anything".
Woop, next competion. I'm going to try again this year. I'm having some ideas that could work out.

Cool to see names from last year as well. Good luck :)

-Eigen

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement