🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Fire ! fire !

Started by
1 comment, last by energyj 23 years, 4 months ago
I need help to start . I have microsoft C++ 6 . I did the hello world thing and how I''m moving on the next step .
Advertisement
You got a good compiler, that's great! Hope you didn't warez it...

In my opinion, the best way to learn this stuff is by books, but then again, I'm just a beginner. The following is pretty much a list of the books I used to learn the basic stuff (which is all I know -_- and I think it'll work for anyone.

First off, learn C++. Get "The Idiot's Guide to C++" to learn the language, in my opinion, it's the best book of it's kind. Then, pick up "Teach Yourself C++ in Ten Minutes" and use it as a reference to learn things you may have missed.

Congrats, now you know C++. Time to become a game programmer! Get "Windows Game Programming For Dummies", after that, you'll be able to make a solid 2D game. After that, look into "The Black Art of 3D Game Programming" (both of these are by the same author). Now you should have alot of powerful knowledge. Good Luck!

-Paul9lyn@aol.com

Edited by - Paul9 on February 11, 2001 10:28:58 PM
yeah first PAY for your warez''d copy of the compiler!

Then learn C++ (I prefer SAMMS or O''Riley).

Now download the DirectX SDK and go to town.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement