Advertisement

SF RPG: Stat-based Invention?

Started by February 02, 2001 06:30 PM
11 comments, last by Wavinator 23 years, 7 months ago
State machines... hmm, that got the ol'' imagination going.

So, if I were to combine the effects of a cloak and my communications system I get a more stealthy form of communication. Certainly something that someone else might think of. How about combining my communications system with my regenerative shields to get a... um, just what would you get? Just thinking that it might be tough to assure weaknesses for all possible combinations

So, if I were to combine the effects of a cloak and my communications system I get a more stealthy form of communication. Certainly something that someone else might think of. How about combining my communications system with my regenerative shields to get a... um, just what would you get? Just thinking that it might be tough to assure weaknesses for all possible combinations
Advertisement
quote: Original post by kseh

You''re right. I may have to fall back on the useful but lame "overwhelming force" contingency, where you''re eternally outnumbered. At least by big nations. I like that in games like Escape Velocity you can upgrade yourself and knock over small independent colonies (just like in the old game Pirates!)

BTW, comm + shields? This would actually do something. Devices will have basic types: EMITTER (emits some effect), GENERATOR (similar, but eats something to do it), etc. etc.

If you run your comm through your shield emitter, you could boost comm range. If you run your shield emitter through the comm system, you''d probably blow it. Or you''d get a minor shield boost.

Some systems just won''t be compatible. I''m thinking of doing this by giving things energy types and tolerances, which determines whether or not something will work with something else, and what the damage would be in trying it.

--------------------
Just waiting for the mothership...
--------------------Just waiting for the mothership...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement