RPG - Class sytem vs. Skill System

Started by January 22, 2001 12:21 AM
12 comments, last by Nazrix 23 years, 7 months ago
Naz,
i''m in tallahassee, going 2 fsu.

--I don''t judge, I just observe

Stuck in the Bush''s, Florida
--I don't judge, I just observeStuck in the Bush's, Florida
If you use a skill system, then perhaps class can be represented as a set of starting skills
When the player begins the game he can choose among predefined class wich can be modified somewhat. During the game the character progress according to the skill system.
This way you can easily make sure that all characters have the basic skills that you defined as required to complete the game.

Or perhaps you can allow the player to choose an history which would correspond to some skill sets.

Eg. Peter spent two years with the caravan guards of hal zafra before joining the skilani monks for the last three years (after some accident)
=> 2 years as a guard\warrior and 3 years as a monk
------------------"Between the time when the oceans drank Atlantis and the rise of the sons of Arius there was an age undreamed of..."
Advertisement
DM, yep that''s a good comprimise.

Dyn,
Cool...just curious

http://www15.brinkster.com/nazrix/main.html

"All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be --Pink Floyd
Need help? Well, go FAQ yourself.
Need help? Well, go FAQ yourself. "Just don't look at the hole." -- Unspoken_Magi
i like DM''s idea too. maybe u should have base stats, like str, dex, hp, etc. then have abilities special to each class. this way u assure that the player can complete the game, but they have options too. this was probably what u meant but i wasn''t sure.

--I don''t judge, I just observe

Stuck in the Bush''s, Florida
--I don't judge, I just observeStuck in the Bush's, Florida

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement