🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Idea for game -- feel free to steal it

Started by
3 comments, last by morfe 23 years, 6 months ago
The game sees you in the role of a police officer on duty. You attend call outs to hold-ups, car chases, family disturbances, riots, fights, etc. You can use your baton, pepper spray, gun or various combat techniques. You may occasionally have a tracker dog, or join the SWAT team. A key part of the game is driving the cruiser, since if you don''t get to the scene fast enough, the offenders dissipate or other cops get there first, and you don''t get rewarded. Rewards come in the form of medals and promotions. Need I say it: this would probably work best in 3D FPS... "NPCs will be inherited from the basic Entity class. They will be fully independent, and carry out their own lives oblivious to the world around them ... that is, until you set them on fire ..."
"When you are willing to do that which others are ashamed to do, therein lies an advantage."
"NPCs will be inherited from the basic Entity class. They will be fully independent, and carry out their own lives oblivious to the world around them ... that is, until you set them on fire ..." -- Merrick
Advertisement
Oh, I like that one. And once in a while, you are chosen to babysit a TV crew who follow you around. For the day, you have to behave properly, you cant get bribed, you cant indulge yourself on donuts and coffee as much as you normally would, you cant just beat people up, etc

A good idea nonetheless

youpla :-P
-----------------------------Sancte Isidore ora pro nobis !
Or you can just kill the TV crew and say they got in the way of a terrorist

Now that would be fun.... and then take some bribes.

///
Quotes said around the hylix office:
Well then, that was screwed.
By the way, how much are we running at again? Nothing?
And the trained monkey presses the button and gets a banana. But what he doesn''t know is that it''s a Microsoft banana. What a bitter pill, er, banana, to swallow.
If you''re telling me I have no budget for my project AGAIN this month, I''m sticking your hamster in the microwave! Wait, you don''t have a hamster. Quick! I need a new evil plan!

Quotes from #gamedev:
So, "flame thrower" Smurf? - TANSTAAFL
you''ll need a nuclear slide rule and a nuclear boxed lunch - SteelGolem
You could always based it off Victorian/Australian police and go into peacful protests with battons and beat the living crapper out of every poor soul there.

Eco Terrorist - a name given to people who work in favor of the environment. Very interesting yes?
Check out Loose Cannon. It sounds somewhat similiar to the game you proposed, although sans baton, pepper spray, etc.

http://pc.ign.com/previews/10579.html

Ut

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement