🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Download a cool game from Hyperactive

Started by
15 comments, last by hyperactive 23 years, 6 months ago
Here it is. www.geocities.com/hyperactivegames/ First, you have to explore my site and find "games". Then d''load it. It''s on the bottom of "games" somewhere. You''ll figure out. Theres a screenshot to look at before downloading. Greg Damon, hyperactive
Hyperactive
Advertisement
Nice work! I enjoyed it!

Quick download, easy to play and fun. What more could anyone ask for?

Please add some sound effects.....

Bye

Matt

Nice game, fun and an innovative concept(...heh), but two gripes:
Needs sound effects - Nothing like hearing the heart wrenching meow of a dying kitten trying to penetrate through the heartless monotony of your machine gun firing.
Better blood - The blood doesn''t look very realistic. I know this can be a pain in the butt, but if you make the blood look better it''ll definitely improve the game.

Good job!
P.S. - You are a sick sick sick person.
looks good

but like SeanHowe said .. it would be better with sound
Fun. Mindless. Small. The true meaning of games.

quote: Original post by SeanHowe

Nice game, fun and an innovative concept(...heh), but two gripes:
Needs sound effects - Nothing like hearing the heart wrenching meow of a dying kitten trying to penetrate through the heartless monotony of your machine gun firing.
Better blood - The blood doesn''t look very realistic. I know this can be a pain in the butt, but if you make the blood look better it''ll definitely improve the game.

Hmmm. I agree it needs sound: a bit of background music (something Spiderbait-ish) to whistle along to as you slaughter kittens, some meaty shotgun effects, and some "phlsch" splatter SFX. Add a scrolling parallax background, maybe some sort fire and brimstone setting.

quote: P.S. - You are a sick sick sick person.

Ahem. And you''re not?

"NPCs will be inherited from the basic Entity class. They will be fully independent, and carry out their own lives oblivious to the world around them ... that is, until you set them on fire ..."
"When you are willing to do that which others are ashamed to do, therein lies an advantage."
"NPCs will be inherited from the basic Entity class. They will be fully independent, and carry out their own lives oblivious to the world around them ... that is, until you set them on fire ..." -- Merrick
I like it - for your first demo/game, it''s not too bad at all!

It''s definitely better than anything I could put together right now.

Sound effects would be nice, ''tis true.

addi
addi,Developer (and avid gamer)
You are sick.

I like you!

There's no sounds yet, and that's perfectly explained in "history" on my site. That's just only a demo; I just couldn't wait to show it to somebody. So far I'm likin' the feedback and that's good.

One, two, three and to da fo'
err, Hyperactive's at the do'
Ready to make an entrance so back off now
cause you know I'm bouta rip sh*t up

hyper

Edited by - hyperactive on December 28, 2000 11:25:05 PM
Hyperactive
Yes. Great game. A few things one could mention:
- needs sound effects
- and something to make the game run with a constant FPS, because it ran WAY to fast on my 1000Mhz T-Bird.

Good luck with your future games!

/MindWipe
"To some its a six-pack, to me it's a support group."

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement