🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

famous quote trivia game

Started by
11 comments, last by lupine 23 years, 7 months ago
I thought to inspire us to the highest levels of quality writing,and to "get some action" I would put up a quote now and then If you guess the quote you win the prize is whatever you desired as a child but never got because your parents were to narrow minded to see the beauty of it, and until now you thought it did''nt exsist anymore Mediums: a novel, later made into a movie(quote is from movie) Quote: "The concil were merciful! the concil were merciful!" -Blackavar I know its a breeze but I wanted to start out easy to include as many people as possible _________________________________________________________________ "If I wanted to be flamed, I would have posted in the lounge."
"do you like my helmut?"-yoghurt
Advertisement
"Watership Down"

Try again
"NPCs will be inherited from the basic Entity class. They will be fully independent, and carry out their own lives oblivious to the world around them ... that is, until you set them on fire ..." -- Merrick
we have a winna!
ok then

Medium: Poem
Original language: English

"For, what with my whole world-wide wandering,
What with my search drawn out thro'' years, my hope
Dwindled into a ghost not fit to cope
With that obstreperous joy success would bring,
I hardly tried now to rebuke the spring My heart made, finding failure in its scope"
"Childe Roland to the Dark Tower came"
"NPCs will be inherited from the basic Entity class. They will be fully independent, and carry out their own lives oblivious to the world around them ... that is, until you set them on fire ..." -- Merrick
Easiest yet:

"And I never did have any doubt, but in my heart always
knew how you would come home, having lost all of your companions.
But, you see, I did not want to fight with my father''s
brother, Poseidon, who was holding a grudge against you
in his heart, and because you blinded his dear son, hated you."

Bonus point: who said it?
Nicely done

Oddssey-english translation, heh

-The Goddess Athena

Very good
Medium- monument

from the Latin (which is in turn from the Greek)

"oh stranger, go,
tell them in Sparta
that we lie here in obedience to their law"

question: *specific* location of monument
I _think_ it''s the epitaph for the Spartan defenders at Thermopylae.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement