🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

SF RPG: Captain, heros, crew

Started by
11 comments, last by Wavinator 23 years, 7 months ago
Sounds like what they do for hit and run raids in Starfleet command, you have a (wireframe in this case) picture of the ship, overlaid with various symbols representing the systems you can send your boarding parties over to take out. (its just pain you cant target thier engine room...)
NightWraith
Advertisement
Guys, love the idea for this game!

Sounds way cool.

As far as mapping etc goes, I think it is a good idea and it really isn''t that hard to do it, just takes a little while to get it perfect.

I like the idea of fighting from section to section, I think it adds a level of realism to the game. As for time playing it, capturing a capital ship shouldn''t be a trivial exercise. Let''s face it, you are basically looking at attacking a ''city'' in space and unless you have massively superior weapons or numerical advantage, it''s not going to be a 5 minute thing....

I like the idea of being able to focus on particluar sections, just teh bridge, or just engineering etc, this will add a lot of strategy to the game.

Perhaps the idea is to give your troops general goals to accomplish, that way you don''t have to micro manage them??

Also, I think having a ''capture'' scenario could be quite cool, such as another ship transporting a diplomat or some weaponry or plans or something and your goal is to raid it and steal said item and get out....

-- No matter what they do, how hard they are or cold they want to be, their mind will always give them away. That is the moment to strike and leverage their weakness --
The birth of Psychic Treason
-- That's my $0.02 worth --
Hang on, where I come from, $0.02 is rounded down. Does that mean my opinion is worthless or priceless?
CHROM
I like the idea of by section boarding. I don''t want to kill the enthusiasm for suggestions, btw, I was just choosing to hold off implementing boarding details until I''ve proved some other concepts.

It''d be nice to develop a system that supported simultaneous interior and exterior combat. Then you could blast holes in the ship to support the boarding party (at the risk of compromising the hull). You could also gain partial control of ship systems, have to watch out for counterstrikes, and be able to have multiple ships aid a vessel under siege.

OK, definitely have to think more about this.... it might be worth the effort, and WOULD add a stronger sense of crew to the ship...

--------------------
Just waiting for the mothership...
--------------------Just waiting for the mothership...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement