Advertisement

WHAT THE HELL?

Started by August 05, 2005 05:05 AM
8 comments, last by superpig 19 years, 1 month ago
The posts in the screenshot thread are knackered - is anyone else seeing this? I just posted and it appeared about half-way up page 7. Keratin also just posted recently and that is also posted before 2-day old posts. Is this local to my machine or has the server got a glitch?
It was messed up for me then I clicked page 6 and then the >> thing that appeared after the 7 when I was viewing page 6 and it showed me page 7 with all the posts in the right order.
Advertisement
Mine were screwed up too.

Going into the control panel and changing my board settings for "Number of Replies Per Page" back to "Forum Default" from 50 seems to have remedied the problem.

At first I thought it might be a Firefox issue, but it was doing the same thing in IE.
You should've seen how many times the Single Word Game's posts were shifted!
Rob Loach [Website] [Projects] [Contact]
This has been a long-standing bug. Though I think I fixed it.. as it appears to work, unless it has somehow randomly switched orders to what appears to be correct.. but only while I'm looking at it. *glares at server*

PM me if you still spot it happening with the topic it's happening on.

---
Michael Tanczos
Ugh, nevermind.. back to the drawing board.

UPDATE: Squashed the bug.. finally. This time I'm sure.

---
Michael Tanczos
Advertisement
Quote: Original post by Michael Tanczos
UPDATE: Squashed the bug.. finally. This time I'm sure.

Dude, you know you should never say that kind of thing outloud.
Quote: Original post by SiCrane
Dude, you know you should never say that kind of thing outloud.

True. So true. [bawling]
"C lets you shoot yourself in the foot rather easily. C++ allows you to reuse the bullet!"
How odd? I was using Groove a chat program earlier today and we were seeing the same thing. Posts were being inserted in the past. It normally works fine. Is this a global sql virus or something?
*News tagenigma.com is my new domain.
Quote: Original post by tgraupmann
How odd? I was using Groove a chat program earlier today and we were seeing the same thing. Posts were being inserted in the past. It normally works fine. Is this a global sql virus or something?

No, just an issue with our software.

Richard "Superpig" Fine - saving pigs from untimely fates - Microsoft DirectX MVP 2006/2007/2008/2009
"Shaders are not meant to do everything. Of course you can try to use it for everything, but it's like playing football using cabbage." - MickeyMouse

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement