Advertisement

[4e4] Definitions of zombies, ninjas and....

Started by July 19, 2005 12:39 PM
6 comments, last by cyric74 19 years, 1 month ago
Well, how strict are the definitions of the 4 elements? Are zombies dead half-rotten people who've been brought back to life by magic? Or how about the ones in Halo? They seemed pretty zombie-like, but would they qualify here? and ninjas? Are we talking about japanese sword-wielding madmen specifically, or just anyone who's really agile, has a big sharp sword, and looks all mysterious and dresses in black? And so on. Are pirates peg-leg and parrot-kinda pirates, or would more modern versions with laser guns and spaceships work? [Edited by - Spoonbender on July 19, 2005 1:08:27 PM]
*rolls eyes*

I've explained this like ten times already...

But fortunately skittleo's pretty much said it for me. If we gave your game to some Random Guy on the street, and when he was done, we asked him what things the game had in it, he'd have to name two out of the four elements for your game to qualify. So consider what you'd need to produce for Random Guy to name them correctly.

(and btw there's nothing that says pirates can't be pegleg/parrot and lasers/spaceships. Check out Rayman 2)

Richard "Superpig" Fine - saving pigs from untimely fates - Microsoft DirectX MVP 2006/2007/2008/2009
"Shaders are not meant to do everything. Of course you can try to use it for everything, but it's like playing football using cabbage." - MickeyMouse

Advertisement
sorry for insisnting on this, but this is important, what would you think of if you where a ninja driving a mechwarrior, pirates had spaships with painted skullz on the side, and the level boss's where robots of many kinds, like spiders, or the ones like power rangers, or others with strange forms but off methalic appearence, and if during the whole game, there was a single level where you fight some zombies.

would you consider this game having the 4 elements in ? not ? wich ones not ?

cheers, i know this seams silly but plz awnser.
one thing, in the cut scenes, if we see the nija acting and looking like a ninja,being the cutscenes outside the mechwarrior, then only during the game you control a mech-helicopter (that does not looks like a ninja), does this ninja counts ?

shouldnt it count ?

about the pirates, you only see theyre spaceships, you dont see them, but they do steel an object, although that object is not in another ship, its in a house, and in the game you must go after them, in the mech helicopter,

the level boss's are giant robots.

im not gonna include the zombies in the game.

so am i safe with those ? space pirates that steal an object from a house, helicopter driving ninja, and robotic boss's.

safe/not safe. final judgement plz.
theyre existence will be very well defined, i just dont want to reveal my game yet, this stuff i used to refere to my game is just a comparisation, my game is not like this, i have no doubts the pirates will be very recognisable, although you wont see pirates theyer ships will look like real pirate ships, youll see a lot off ninjas in the game, its just that thyere not on foot.

imagine you have a knight on foot, fighting in a battle, would it be less defined if he was on a horse ? fighting on it ?

the robots its easy, i have no doubts on that.

well i guess im safe then, about if they are definid or not, i really hope so, and theres still time, when i get to a more advanced level ill post some scr shots and ask about if people think theyre defined or not, if not, i can always add some ninja enemys shooting shurikens at you ...i guess :P

thanks the same, cheers.
Advertisement
An important ninja related question is are you implementing Ninja correctly. I have trawled the internet and have come up eith the following conculsions.

A) The Ninja Hypothesis. Things that are without ninja can be improved by adding ninja. Consider your game design, determine how adding ninja would imporve it.
B) Ninja Have Mass.
C) Ninja Cannot be seen
D) Dark matter has mass and cannot be seen, ergo Ninja are dark matter
E) The inverese power law of Ninja: The power level of a ninja can be determined by the number of Ninja who are initially in a scene. If the protaganist is attacked by, say 20 ninja each ninja will probably take him, at most 3 secnds to defeat. Should the same protagonist be attacked by a single ninja the ninja will be bad-ass and a life or death strugle lasting 20 minutes will ensue.
Please implement your zombies carefully! Failure to do so may result in your entry being disqualified!

Consider the following list:
Dawn of the Dead
28 Days Later
Evil Dead (1, 2 & 3)
Michael Jackson's music video 'Thriller'
White Zombie

To the untrained mind, all of these would appear to fit the bill as an adequate source of zombie information that could be harvested for 4e4. Do not be fooled! Only one of the above is actually an acceptable model of zombastic study. But which?

While others on the list may suffice, only one embodies the heart and soul of the zombie. Only one truly depicts a mindless, wretched, rotting corpse who wanders the earth to quench its insatiable lust for delicious human flesh.

Oh wait.. Did I list it as Michael Jackson's music video Thriller? I just meant Michael Jackson.

Here are some other interesting zombie factoids I gathered from google:

1)Ninety-five percent of Americans live within two miles of a cemetery or mortuary.
2)Most Americans use and value their brains -- the natural food of zombies.
3)Ninety percent of zombie related fatalities occur in the home.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement