🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

CORAX: Call to arms

Started by
11 comments, last by Sleepwalker 23 years, 7 months ago
Hello everyone... I just ul''ed a pre-alpha preview of my CRPG. I would be very glad if anyone could take a look at it at http://www.abi-2001.com/sleepwalker/ Thanks in advance - Sleepwalker
- Sleepwalker
Advertisement
ASCII????

just kiddin

can''t evaluate - it crashed on my win2k, without giving an apparent reason, though i installed fonts and drivers :-(
Hmmm...It shouldn't. It only uses standard DirectX 6 routines plus basic GDI stuff...Do other DX programs crash on your PC?

- Sleepwalker

PS: There might be a file called "log.txt" in the folder. Take a look, maybe there's some helpful information...

Edited by - Sleepwalker on November 26, 2000 10:50:40 AM
- Sleepwalker
embarassing as it seems..

oops yeah i didn't heed the file. hm. actually, now that i think of it, i have to check if directx is installed...let me try..hm...directX currently doesn't work on windowsNT????wtf???....wait...installed the newer DX7 version...nope, still crashes...

log.txt contents:

DirectDrawImp Initializing...

-------------------
sorry dude, maybe with DX8, but i don't have it. is ur game dx8 specific? - hm you say it isn't, but well nt can't take it - sorry

Edited by - stani on November 26, 2000 4:44:27 PM
I just get a black screen with the song playing. It''s a cool song though!

P3, GeForce 2, DX 7.0a.
I got it to work on my other windows 98 with dx7. But the text runs out of the screen boundary and the sound stops executing halfway through the "poems". My pc runs on 1028x768x16bpp, but that prob. has nothing to do with the text running out.
Buster: It needs a few seconds till the stuff gets loaded up, so after about 10 seconds the stuff should show up.

Stani: The screen resolution is fixed, as is the font size, so the text running out of boundaries is something that shouldn''t happen...confusing...

The midi player uses standard MCI commands...about 3 lines of code altogether...not much to do wrong there...hmmm...

I''ll have to reflect upon these matters...

- Sleepwalker
- Sleepwalker
sleepwalker: i think i can solve at least the problem with the player. it''s quite simple actually. the song is shorter than the demo. why don''t you put in a line to loop the song indefinitely?
The midi is 2:06...The demo shouldn''t be that long...

I''ll have to check on that...

- Sleepwalker
- Sleepwalker
Windows NT can only use Directx 3 and below. That''s why it didn''t work on your NT os. Windows 2000 uses D6 or D7, but I don''t know if it is upgradeable to D8.
Creative Mind, Creative Design

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement