🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

You like car crashes? Prepare for Crashday...

Started by
12 comments, last by MothaBrain 23 years, 7 months ago
Free sounds off the net. I just highened their quality, and fixed them up a bit.
Advertisement
Seems as if I want to spam you again

I just wanted to remind that our site now contains
much new stuff about "Crashday" and developer information!

www.moonbyte.de

We've got a cool new render sequence, so check it out!
(Sorry, but at the moment it's still avi)
Also the screenshots, news and features section is uploaded,
and we've got new links for developers.

Since most people speak Englisch here and our site is German,
here is a nice (and very funny) way to make it become English:
(Please don't laugh, I hope you'll still be able to understand )

www.moonbyte.de with GO-Translator

Enjoy! )

Edited by - MothaBrain on November 27, 2000 9:46:03 AM
Ich komme aus Deutschland. Ich wohne zur Zeit in Amerika, meine Heimat ist aber Frankfurt am Main. Und du/sie??? Ich hab'' lange nicht mehr Deutsch gesprochen. Na ja, stimmt eigentlich nicht so...

Dass Spiel sieht ziemlich geil aus. Wie lange arbeitet ihr schon daran? Kaufe ich auf jedem Fall, aber nur weil ihr Deutsch seid.

Thank you,
Alexander McAndrew
mcanda@pcgamesforyou.com
http://www.pcgamesforyou.com
--------------------Help Needed!Turn-based 20th century strategy wargameTitle still to be determined
Yeah, Crashday already has a long lasting history.

We started with the idea of a 2d top-down game about 3 (!) years ago in PowerBASIC.
Then I decided to learn C++, and we kicked off the first (still early) version and started one in 3D non-textured polygon graphics. (still top-down; I had little knowledge of 3D)

...*puh*...

So, we realised that top-down can''t give that action and we made a "real" 3D version (DOS4GW, non-textured-polys)

Now, about half a year ago (!), we realised that nobody would take these graphics without textures, so we stepped onto DirectX and took photos for our textures. (And just changed all our tools again)

...*puhagain*...

That''s where we are now and where we will stay.
While looking on the screenshots, we think the quality is
enough for a game that lives from fun.

Allright, that''s it

BTW: It''s not that we''ve always done everything new, mostly only the graphics and the platform dependant functions)

Robert Clemens, 17, Germany
Have a look at our action-stunt-game "Crashday" at http://www.moonbyte.de

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement