🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Floorplans ( or I am not an architech).

Started by
10 comments, last by kseh 23 years, 8 months ago
My view on what Wavinator was talking about was increasing replayability of the game not really the ease of making a map (yet). Developing a system that can build you a city automatically would be very unlikely to make the job easier. Is the amount of time spent making this generator less than the time that would have been spent doing it all by hand? Well i guess it depends on how many times you plan on reusing this generator in later titles and how big the task is at hand.

I also believe that what these generators best use for in games will come down to in the future is to allow map designers a way of constructing groups of building structures together and alter them in minute details without having to go through each one individually. Kind of a negative photo perspective from what Wavinator was talking about. I''m probably wrong, but that''s what i think.

One more time for the dumbies
ar+gu+ment n. A discussion in which reasons are put forward in support of and against a proposition, proposal, or case; debate.
Advertisement
Ok, so there isn''t anything short of paint and CAD programs for non-random stuff. And since everyones precise needs are different, random building are best done by writing your own generator. Guess I just hammer through. No problem. Thanks everyone

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement