🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

What do you consider to be good elements of games?

Started by
0 comments, last by Niphty 23 years, 8 months ago
First off.. name the type of game, then what qualities you think are good about it.. and then what you find to be bad about it. Try to focus on what''s out there in the market now, what''s gone before, and what you''d like to see come about.. like so: 1st person shooter: Good - ruthless voilence, great stress relief, cool graphics. Bad - redundant, unoriginal, usually too easy or too hard, bad AI. Ok.. i''ll leave it at that, I want to see if we can''t spark some good discussions on topics other than RPGs.. since we''ve pretty muchly gone over everything we all find to be good and bad about them, etc Talk about all elements of a game.. front end, AI, controls, complexity, stress factor, point-click-kill, difficulty, options, what''s missing.. etc J
Advertisement
excellent idea

shooter [R-type, Einhander, my favorite genre outside of RPGs]::good - easy to control, intense, great stress relief, simple strait forward gameplay
shooter::bad - repeditive, hard to be original, genre seems to have died off

"Give me Robotron, Metroid, Radiant Silvergun or give me death" - MSW

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement