🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Feedback on my Breakout clone...

Started by
10 comments, last by MSkinn99 23 years, 8 months ago
...would be greatly appreciated. First of all...thank you to all who are even reading this post. Klunk is my *FIRST* ever completed game project. It is a demo, I hope to rewrite it in C++ with *NEW* and *BETTER* graphics. You can download it from the GameDev Showcase or go directly to the Klunk page in the Showcase. All feedback is greatly appreciated. Even if you hate it and think it is the worst game ever created. Let me know, flame me, I don't care as long as I get feedback. E-mail me here. Thank you all again. MSkinn99 What's done is done (Until you hit Undo) Edited by - MSkinn99 on 10/26/00 6:27:16 PM
-MSkinn99What's done is done (Until you hit Undo) :)Two wrongs don't make a right; but 3 lefts do.You'd be paranoid too if everyone was out to get you.
Yet another game programming web page...
Advertisement
Well...I guess it''s true that no one looks at the announcements section...

What's done is done (Until you hit Undo) :)
-MSkinn99What's done is done (Until you hit Undo) :)Two wrongs don't make a right; but 3 lefts do.You'd be paranoid too if everyone was out to get you.
Hey I played it nice. Nice job

"All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be --Pink Floyd

"Though the course may change sometimes, the rivers always reach the sea" --Led Zeppelin

Need help? Well, go FAQ yourself.
Need help? Well, go FAQ yourself. "Just don't look at the hole." -- Unspoken_Magi
I played your beloved game. It was great for a first game! I couldn''t make it past the first level though. I assume this was because the paddle was too small, and not my lack of skill. This was on a WinNT4, 233MHz, 64RAM. Keep up the good work.

Briar LoDeran
nice, although the paddle was a little oversensitive at times
pretty fun actually, more of a challenge
Yeah, you may want to consider giving the option of using the arrows on the keyboard as well as the mouse.

"Though the course may change sometimes, the rivers always reach the sea" --Led Zeppelin

Need help? Well, go FAQ yourself. "Just don't look at the hole." -- Unspoken_Magi
Thank you all for your feedback!

I did notice that the mouse seemed oversensitive at times. It doesn''t do it on my computer...but it did on one of my school''s computers. I''ll try to fix it in my next version as well as adding in a keyboard option. (Ok, Ok...maybe I should make the paddle bigger too).

Anyways...thank you all again for your responses.

-MSkinn99

well programmed...
but one thing i really hate about it: if you hit the ball on left side of pad,the ball bounces off to the right.
Karl - Blueskied Games | my german site: Gratis Spiele
You could also have an option where the user could adjust the mouse sensativity by just making the paddle move less the lower the mouse sensativity is set.

Sorry about the ball control lakibuk, but that''s the way I wanted it, maybe I could add in an option for that too though...

Thanx for the control suggestion Nazrix.

-MSkinn99

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement