🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

See you around, Freakfish....

Started by
38 comments, last by MadKeithV 23 years, 8 months ago
quote: Original post by crazy-vasey

Hopefully he''ll be back when the idiots go away.

The main problem with that is that he is an idiot.
Advertisement
quote: Original post by Gladiator

...if they ever do.

. . .apparantly not. . .

quote: Original post by Anonymous Poster

The main problem with that is that he is an idiot.

I think Landfish himself wrote that, the bastard...
I cannot figure out which one of these AP''s are Landfish. Maybe they all are...tricky LF...

"All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be --Pink Floyd

"Though the course may change someimes the rivers always reach the sea" --Led Zeppelin

Need help? Well, go FAQ yourself.
Need help? Well, go FAQ yourself. "Just don't look at the hole." -- Unspoken_Magi
Who cares, he is making himself more of a mystery by us pondering about it. His reputation grows from such posts. A person who is not afraid to beat themselves down is a person who can get a reputation by mysterious means

-Chris Bennett of Dwarfsoft - Site:"The Philosophers' Stone of Programming Alchemy" - IOL
The future of RPGs - Thanks to all the goblins over in our little Game Design Corner niche

Sorry to see you go, Lanfish.

You do support the Specular Lightosis Research fund right?

Edited by - Pierre Zuluut on October 26, 2000 9:28:49 AM
I personally find it sick to hide behind a mask of annonimity. First of all, he's going to end up having someone else hurt because people will think it's him and flame them. Heck, at this point i'm going to start flaming all AP's until landfish decides to own up to what's his and what isn't. If he wants to take no credit for his own words, then so be it. I'm a man who stands behind what I say, right or wrong. I'm willing to admit defeat, not run like a coward because things are too rough for me. I think it's obivous that landfish doesn't get along with the board, not the board doesn't get along with landfish. HE started 95% of all the crap, and now he's running because of it. Instead of ending the war he began, he's going to act like it doesn't exist.. how "nice" of him. I personally think that you other people should wake up to how he treats people. And how selfish it is for him to run away now. I left because I was disgusted with him, not because i felt like there was a lot of pressure or anything. Heck, i enjoy flaming landfish! I love to argue points back and forth. But when the person you're arguing with doesn't provide solid evidence one way or another.. then it's pointless. I feel like landfish is a child sitting there going "nu-uh, that's not how it is!" when he doesn't even know how it is. He's a child who wants to have his way, and his way alone. And you praise him for that?
Yes.. i want the gaming community to be different, but I'm not gonna go around telling other people their ideas are flat out wrong. That would be so counter-productive it's not funny. I'll tell them I personally *think* they're wrong, and i'll list why. I'll even make suggestions to the effect of "if it were me.. i'd do this". That way i don't force people to mull over why i think they're wrong.. and provides them with examples of what i feel is right. I take time to listen to people. Perhaps they haven't described their idea in a way i can understand.. well, telling them "no, that's wrong" like landfish does simply does NOT foster communication and constructive critizism. If he used some more tact in his thoughts, and didn't try to make them so over-emotional, then perhaps he would get much more acceptance. But you hafta think.. many of these people have enough emotional stress already (especially if landfish's whole 'you're a nerd, accept it' post is true), so why do you want to give them more stress? Why do you think they don't want it? DUH!
I personally know that teenage years was hard for me.. and that if someone like landfish had said things to me, i would have utterly blasted him like some people do.. without so much as regarding what he said.. which is what you accuse these people of doing. Look at what HE says, and try to think about it from THEIR point of view.

If you can't see both sides, you'd be better off blind!

J
Just call me Niphty, defender of the little people.

Some offensive language removed. -sunandshadow

Edited by - sunandshadow on November 2, 2000 10:31:25 PM
I don''t think I''ve seen anything particularly bad that Landfish has done, on the contrary you see some people getting upset becuase someone is putting some interesting (and hopefully controversial) ideas on the board in order to make people think.
Sadly, these ideas have become incontrovertably associated with him, thus people have started to pigeon hole him.. ie. he is the guy who doesn''t want us to kill goblins in games.. which really isn''t what the guy was saying.
Hrm, this is becoming very soap-opera like. I always thought that these kind of forums were supposed to be an impersonal discussion of ideas, rather than personal attacks. I think Landfish''s move is more or less a representation of the poor quality of the people on the board and their weak attitude towards others. It''s not that I particularly condone anonimity, or that I condone Landfish''s move, people should be able to put a name to their ideas. But at the same time, people should not bother putting up their "ideas" about why a person sucks, rather than ideas about why the person''s "ideas" suck.

Maybe if some people were just plain declared useless to society and we got rid of them then we could have more intelligent discussions between people with enough brains and ability to actually develop a concept and idea into something tangible or alternatively stimulates a growth in the industry or people''s enthusiasm for it.

I haven''t posted on any board for ages because I''ve kind of deemed it a waste of damn time!
quote:
I think Landfish himself wrote that, the bastard...

Talking to yourself in the third person.. clever .

----------------------------------------
"Before criticizing someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
Then, when you do criticize them, you will be a mile away and have their shoes." -- Deep Thoughts

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement