🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Acronia : Secrets of Magic Demo 4

Started by
14 comments, last by runemaster 23 years, 8 months ago
yeah these computers at work get mistreated all the time. It's hard to tell what people do to them

No problem...I just hope that I don't make you chase a problem that isn't your game's fault

The screenshots look really good though

""You see... I'm not crazy... you see?!? Nazrix believes me!" --Wavinator

"All you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be." -Pink Floyd

Need help? Well, go FAQ yourself.

Edited by - Nazrix on October 21, 2000 6:25:55 PM
Need help? Well, go FAQ yourself. "Just don't look at the hole." -- Unspoken_Magi
Advertisement
OK I put a new version in the GDnet showcase...it should work for everyone.There's not much to do, but please give me some feedback about graphics, music etc.The next demo will have interaction/riddles and story development.
NOTE : In the menu, only INVENTORY and QUIT work.This is normal.
The problem of the previous version was caused by an outdated control I was using.

Runemaster now working on Acronia : Secrets of Magic
Add your site to my free-for-all links page !
""""" "'Nazrix is cool' -- Nazrix" --Darkmage --Godfree"-Nazrix" -- runemaster --and now dwarfsoft" -- dwarfsoft --pouya" -- Nazrix" -- Nazrix
"No TV and No Beer makes me close this thread."--MadKeithV

Edited by - runemaster on October 22, 2000 6:33:57 AM
-----Jonas Kyratzes - writer, filmmaker, game designerPress ALT + F4 to see the special admin page.
For you lazy ppl :
Acronia

""""" "'Nazrix is cool' -- Nazrix" --Darkmage --Godfree"-Nazrix" -- runemaster --and now dwarfsoft" -- dwarfsoft --pouya" -- Nazrix" -- Nazrix
-----Jonas Kyratzes - writer, filmmaker, game designerPress ALT + F4 to see the special admin page.
quote: Original post by Nazrix

I tried running the game and I got an error comdlg32.ocx is missing or invalid.

I''m using my machine at work and it only has DX 6.1
Is that a problem?

comdlg32.ocx is a standard windows file, rather than DirectX. It''s for the Common Controls (file open, file save, print, choose colour, etc etc) that Windows uses.

What version of Windows are you running? I could be wrong, but I believe the .ocx version has been superceded by comdlg32.dll...
Okay worked for me this time, and I''m on the same computer...so that''s good. Looks really good, Rune.

""You see... I'm not crazy... you see?!? Nazrix believes me!" --Wavinator

"All you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be." -Pink Floyd

Need help? Well, go FAQ yourself.
Need help? Well, go FAQ yourself. "Just don't look at the hole." -- Unspoken_Magi

Edited by - runemaster on October 22, 2000 3:26:01 PM

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement