🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Acronia : Secrets of Magic Demo 4

Started by
14 comments, last by runemaster 23 years, 8 months ago
FINALLY a new demo. Some info : -The map is not ready yet.There'll be fog of war and you'll move using the arrow keys to move a sprite.This will be implemented soon.For now you move by clicking on a location -You can't do very much except walk around and get some items- the first riddles and interactive stuff will be in the next demo. -Working inventory : you can drag items into your inventory -Examine : you can examine things by right-clicking them -play the game at 800x600 ! -Sorry to all playtesters : your names aren't mentioned because I'm making a new "Credits" page that'll look much better. -It seems that I have the brightness turned up too high on my monitor.If the game seems too dark you might try to increase brightness. -If you still want to try it after reading all of that, just go to Acronia Demo Four (edited link) You actually read all of this ? Runemaster now working on Acronia : Secrets of Magic Add your site to my free-for-all links page ! """"" "'Nazrix is cool' -- Nazrix" --Darkmage --Godfree"-Nazrix" -- runemaster --and now dwarfsoft" -- dwarfsoft --pouya" -- Nazrix" -- Nazrix Edited by - runemaster on 10/22/00 9:46:56 AM
-----Jonas Kyratzes - writer, filmmaker, game designerPress ALT + F4 to see the special admin page.
Advertisement
I tried running the game and I got an error comdlg32.ocx is missing or invalid.

I''m using my machine at work and it only has DX 6.1
Is that a problem?

""You see... I'm not crazy... you see?!? Nazrix believes me!" --Wavinator

"All you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be." -Pink Floyd

Need help? Well, go FAQ yourself.
Need help? Well, go FAQ yourself. "Just don't look at the hole." -- Unspoken_Magi
I *knew* I should have made a setup ! Damn.Sorry, I''ll make setup version and upload it tomorrow.
Of course, you might download the previous demo from my site and then play this one, but ...

Runemaster now working on Acronia : Secrets of Magic
Add your site to my free-for-all links page !
""""" "'Nazrix is cool' -- Nazrix" --Darkmage --Godfree"-Nazrix" -- runemaster --and now dwarfsoft" -- dwarfsoft --pouya" -- Nazrix" -- Nazrix
"No TV and No Beer makes me close this thread."--MadKeithV
-----Jonas Kyratzes - writer, filmmaker, game designerPress ALT + F4 to see the special admin page.
I tried the one from the website, and got the same error...maybe I don't have the VB run-time files?

It said run time error 339 if that helps...It's probably just these stupid systems we have here at work

Edited by - Nazrix on October 21, 2000 6:04:26 PM
Need help? Well, go FAQ yourself. "Just don't look at the hole." -- Unspoken_Magi
THe one from the site ...wasn''t it a setup program ? You downloaded the GUI demo, right ? From http://www.crosswinds.net/~secretmagic ? How weird ...

""""" "'Nazrix is cool' -- Nazrix" --Darkmage --Godfree"-Nazrix" -- runemaster --and now dwarfsoft" -- dwarfsoft --pouya" -- Nazrix" -- Nazrix
Try again tomorrow.

well, I went to the download section and this is the URL of the zip file.

http://www.liquid2k.com/maelstrom/Acronia.zip

Is that right?

Yeah.So can you play any one of the two demos ?

nope same error on both

Could just be my dumb computer.

Edited by - Nazrix on October 21, 2000 6:19:07 PM
well I have no idea
A) Could be DirectX or something
B) The game uses the media player so that might be it - I''ve written my own player but haven''t implemented it yet
C) Something I don''t understand at all

Ahh, we''ll see tomorrow.I''ll make that setup and a demo using my own player and then we''ll see.Thanks for the feedback Nazrix.

NAZRIX IS COOL

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement