🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Breaking the law

Started by
-1 comments, last by paulkp 23 years, 8 months ago
There seems to be some kind of laws in RPG scene, meaning ideas and systems based on something that was invented earlier. I hate when I see yet another copy of rogue or japanese rpg, without any new ideas. Here in gamedev.net there have been lots of talking about those same things, like having yet another much complex RPG with loz of monsters and items. Nethack is also relying on the amount of stuff, when in fact it's very simple game basically. And boring, too. It's not the size of game world or amount of stuff that makes interesting game, but the amount of ways you can do or achieve or use something. Also, if you have good plot and great characters, but the game world is dull and lacking small details, it's not good. Still, most of the RPG's I have seen are full of stuff and "interesting" characters, but the game world is more like a big stage, not a living world it should be. Edited by - paulkp on 10/18/00 5:13:19 AM

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement