🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

tell me what you think

Started by
4 comments, last by OoMMMoO 23 years, 8 months ago
Im working on a game with Run_the _shadows, please dont think I act like he does in his last message, Im not as rude as he is. We are working on a sidescrolling game with a metroid type exploration to it. The storyline is about a girl, raised by her uncle, who seeks revenge on a cult of vampires who killed her uncle. As she gets farther to killing the last cult leader she realizes her uncle wasnt the man that she thought he was, and realizes he was actually part of the cult. We want the game to span over many areas we are planning on a desert area, forest area, antieant ruins area, your basic castle, which will all have kind of a dark gothic theme, I have art for the game I will post up later. (Im programmer/artist) We want the game to have a heavy rpg feel, so the player can equip many swords, cross bows, ax''s ect. The enemies will consist of demon women with wings to your basic werewolves.We want to have a good mix of techno and symphony music with the game. We could use some support/tips/ideas thanks alot
Advertisement
Very good idea ! I can''t help you, but you can be sure I''ll get your game when(if ) it''s finished.
It would be nice to have certain areas you could only enter if you had a particular item.Like in Metroid.Is that what you meant ?
Have you played Ghouls''n''Ghosts ? You could get several types of armors, helms,boots and weapons, and magic according to what helm you got.It gave the game a very RPG-like feeling.Add something like that.

Runemaster now working on Acronia : Secrets of Magic
Join the Game Developers RuneRing !
The Specular Lightosis Research Fund
" "'Nazrix is cool' -- Nazrix" --Darkmage --Godfree"-Nazrix
-----Jonas Kyratzes - writer, filmmaker, game designerPress ALT + F4 to see the special admin page.
Since the other thread got closed, i just want to apologize here. I formally apologize to involved parties to which i slandered and/or insulted, and I won''t make any excuses to my actions.
And OoMMMoO, well, what can I say...TRAITOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!*laf*
-Run_The_Shadows
-Run_The_Shadows@excite.com

P.S. just a side note, but to whoever it was that wrote about it, I was here LONG b4 the Goblin Genocide started
Apology accepted .

Sounds like a very violent girl to me, maybe his uncle really wasn''t very good parent .

I suggest trying to make those desert, forest etc. areas very logical and to support the plot.

And please use mouse to control the weapons. Maybe not like in Abuse but like in Die by sword. You could swing your mouse so that the sword moves as you move the mouse. Ok, maybe it would look quite silly when people would move their mouse rapidly up and down just to hit .

Have you played Zeliard, btw? It''s quite similar to the game you''re describing: side-scrolling "rpg"/adventure with swords and shields. I liked that game *a lot* and I''d love to play something similar. It had a city where you start and you could go talk the citizens and buy magic, swords and armor. From the right side of the city you could enter the dungeons and go killing some monsters. At the end of each dungeon there was a door to next city where you could get even better armors and more. Once I came back to the 2nd city from the 4th city (it was a long journey) because healing/armor were cheaper in the 2nd city .

(and add some sex in it, by making the main character very hot .. And maybe some tight/small clothes )
upp.. _her_ uncle
We plan to have the story fit the areas of the game, yes you can only get to certain areas of the game with certain items, and you can only get certain items if you have an item to get to the item (that just confused me)
The reason why the girl is violent ws because she was trained in the art of warfare by her uncle, sorry forgot to mention that. In a couple days I will post some art up for the game please tell me what you think when it is up. Thanks alot

Brendon Glanzer

EchoSteel©

p.s. Run_the_shadows I didnt see you online last night what time did you get online?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement