🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Help with idea, my design/development...

Started by
4 comments, last by CodePlayEatSleep 23 years, 8 months ago
Dear people, I''m developing a space war game. I''m currently thinking about how the combat/movement system work. I need some feedback, so please feel free to comment. The player''s fleet travels around the universe in real time, interacting with the NPC. When an enemy fleet is detected(detected as in line of sight) the game goes into a turn-based mode, here the player duke it out with the NPC. So this means when no enemy is around the it''s real time, the player explore and trade, when enemy is around it''s the good ole war game biz. The game will be in 3D, featuring building and conquering (not to mention you can land on planets). I will work on the story mode first, after I finishing that I may put in a free-form mode. So in story mode you follow a plot, the plot may the player from one part of the universe to another, battling it out on planets and in space. You can also walk around the bridge of you ship. That''s it, thank you.
Advertisement
Ignoring some [Censored by MKV]...

Here is my idea...

In the story mode, the player joins a rebel faction. From here the game throws out miissions, they all help to advance the plot. On this missions the player will get the chance to advance stats of the various NPC in the rebel group. Eventually the game becomes a rebel group simulation once the player becomes the leader. The leader of the group will be responsible for ploting missions (based on random goals). Here the player can also choose to follow the plot leads if he/she chooses.

Well, that's all for now. ANd for that dude making rude comments you know what I don't really care. This is something I enjoy so no way I'm going to let you [Censored]with that.

Edited by - MadKeithV on October 9, 2000 3:31:05 AM
Time for some moderating bastard to do his work?
I'm editing this stuff now, and seeing what info I can garner on this A.P..

[A few minutes later.. ]
Phew, that was a lot of work
Not much left of this thread now, but do continue. If this AP pops up again I'm asking Dave to give me the server logs, so I can trace that guy's IP address.

People might not remember what you said, or what you did, but they will always remember how you made them feel.
~ (V)^|) |<é!t|-| ~

Edited by - MadKeithV on October 9, 2000 3:33:17 AM
It's only funny 'till someone gets hurt.And then it's just hilarious.Unless it's you.
Thanks. I been busy working on it...it''s a huge project, not complicated (I''m not doing anything fancy graphically. And some of the features I decide to keep out. Steel panther + Master of Orion) just huge...
If you go with the rebel idea, it could be linked to a StarCraft carbon copy.
Ferrett
www.shogunmod.comIts your time to choose.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement