🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Replay - Survey

Started by
15 comments, last by Ketchaval 23 years, 9 months ago
The only adventure game I have replayed is Sanitarium.

I''ve played most of the Sim games many times, along with Civilization and Creatures. What these seem to have in common is that you can''t ''win'' them. For the same reason I replay tetris-style games that just keep getting harder until you loose.

Lots of old apple II GS games: oregon trail, odell lake, invisible bugs, etc., the common feature of these being that you can win them in one sitting. Same with puzzle games like tesserae, mahjongg, solitaire.

Does it count as replaying a game if you''ve never won it? I play Mario-style games regularly but I always get bored or get an eyestrain/adrenaline headache before I get to the end.

So the general rule seems to be that I don''t replay games that require you to work hard or keep playing until you''ve finished them. But I''ll shell out more money for a one-play RPG or adventure game any day because the experience is so much richer.

I want to help design a "sandpark" MMO. Optional interactive story with quests and deeply characterized NPCs, plus sandbox elements like player-craftable housing and lots of other crafting. If you are starting a design of this type, please PM me. I also love pet-breeding games.

Advertisement
i''d say minesweeper (mindsweeper), solitaire, and the freecell solitaire!! those are the best, especially when you''re downloading a big file or don''t want to do your homework.
Team Fortress Classic or Counterstrike. I can play those for 10+ hours a day.
all time favorites:
Chrono Trigger (new game+ was a good idea)
Final Fantasy 3

and multi player Starcraft/Broodwars has eaten a few night of my time

I think therefore I code.
Just because the church was wrong doesn't mean Galileo wasn't a heretic.It just means he was a heretic who was right.
Starcraft. That''s all you really need, I''d be playing right now if my internet service wasn''t worthless. Multiplayer of course, but I played single player too. I used to play the original civilization a lot. Then I played ff2 and zelda for snes a few times each. Both great games but now I''m mostly a multiplayer guy so I play fewer games since they have so much more replay value. I would have played Myth II a lot but I got in to it after it had died off so it was too hard to get games.
all the blizzard games, apart from diablo2, and especially warcraft2
Nethack, ADOM, Steel Panthers series, Tetris ().

-Jussi

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement