🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Replay - Survey

Started by
15 comments, last by Ketchaval 23 years, 9 months ago
What games have you (re)played the most (and the longest?). On any platform. Ie. Say which games you keep replaying, not just the games that take a long time to complete (unless they are the same). Please include any games, even if other people have listed it in theirs. Some of mine. 1. Super Mario Kart (SNES). Great singleplayer game, where it depends on gameplay not story to hook you + An (even better) two player mode, where you can either deathmatch with strategic weapons (1 hit point removed on impact) and 3 hit points per player. A true classic. 2. Doom: Knee Deep in the Dead (PC) great gameplay, good immersion, a cool atmosphere, the ability to make your own levels. Although I only really played the shareware episode, and my own levels. (full version / Doom2) Yes, there is a point to this.
Advertisement
1) Zyll, a really cool text-adventure game. (PC)

2) Super-C (NES)

3) Daggerfall (PC)

4) Diablo [you're right, Wav, Multi-player only] (PC)

"'Nazrix is cool' -- Nazrix" --Darkmage

Edited by - Nazrix on September 21, 2000 5:47:29 PM
Need help? Well, go FAQ yourself. "Just don't look at the hole." -- Unspoken_Magi
I beat FF7 two or three times, every time I understood the game more.
Argggghhh!!! Starcraft, multiplayer! It should be labeled an addictive substance!

Alpha Centauri - Those random maps and different factions make the the game (too bad it can take soooooo long to finish!)

Diablo - Multiplayer only, single player''s not all that great for me

Swarm A great little top down arcade shooter. Nice and polished and very fun.

--------------------
Just waiting for the mothership...
--------------------Just waiting for the mothership...
Diablo...not multiplayer..just leveling up
granturismo hehe getting better stuff for the cars (leveling up)
xenogears (1st cd only trying to get to where some gears fight like 3-d arena) hehe
Replay value is subjective and very much dependent on the genre of game you like but.......

Replay value for me depends on the game in question offering the following;

1 A complex but once learnt highly intuitive control.
2 A slightly different gaming experience every time you play.

The more control a player can exercise over a game the more they are likely to come back to it.

The second reason means that multi-player games figure highly, I mean, no A.I in the world offers the level of intelligence or on occasion lack of it as other human players, not at the moment anyway.

E.g although not a game that I personally find appealing, Chess is the most replayed game of all time, the reasons for which are due to the two points I have outlined above. The level of control and the different game experiences due to the human factor.

Sorry if that is a little bit theoretical, you may point out that Chess is not CPU game although it has been thrown onto various formats, but I think the point made is still very valid.

No more waffle though, my personal favourites in terms of replay value are;

1 World Class Leaderboard C64
2 Delta Armalyte C64
3 Spy Vs Spy Spectrum
4 Kickoff2 Amiga
5 Street Fighter 2 Turbo Super Famicom
6 Mario Kart Super Famicom
7 Doom PC
8 UEFA Champions League 98/99 PSX
9 Perfect Dark N64
10 Resident Evil PSX

I know the last two titles do not sit happily with my theory, but there are always exceptions to rule.

Syndicate - Single
Diablo - Single & Multi
Starcraft - Single & Multi
Quake - Single & Multi
Simcity 2K - Single

Edited by - morfe on September 21, 2000 11:05:45 PM
"NPCs will be inherited from the basic Entity class. They will be fully independent, and carry out their own lives oblivious to the world around them ... that is, until you set them on fire ..." -- Merrick
Most heavily replayed games by me:
Street Fighter 2
Marvel Super Heroes
Marvel vs Capcom 2
Tekken 3
Tekken Tag Tournament...
basically, any fighter

-out-

--bah! who needs a signature?!
Here's a new dance everyone can do, do the Kirby:<(*.*<) <(^.^)> (>*.*)> <(^.^)> <(*.*<) (>^.^)>
Please say if it is Multiplayer - SinglePlayer or Both that you are playing in these games. That would be helpful .
I think I will add these:

Myth: The Fallen Lords (Mult. and Single)
Mario Kart (mostly the Battle Mode though)

"'Nazrix is cool' -- Nazrix" --Darkmage

Edited by - Nazrix on September 21, 2000 11:05:05 PM
Need help? Well, go FAQ yourself. "Just don't look at the hole." -- Unspoken_Magi

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement