🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Sounds like what I am attempting...

Started by
-1 comments, last by MatrixCubed 23 years, 9 months ago
...with my MMORPG''s design. I want to add different things than current MMORPGS offer. So far, I would say that UO is by far the best one out there, simply because there is more aptitude and option for Role-Playing (tm) than the other MMORPGs. It seems that these games are trying to combine the two most popular online activities, action gaming and social chat, into one massive game, and sticking a fantasy-genre label on it so that it sells to an even wider audience. Frankly, I''m surprised there is no Deer Hunter Online yet. It''s little better than the way Eidos milks the Tomb Raider franchise for all-it''s-worth-plus-more. One thing I decided, when I did scripts for a privately-run UO shard, was design all said scripts so that they were not skill or stat reliant, but rather dependent strictly on interaction with other characters. And the same carries over into my current game''s design: I do not plan on having number systems available to players, nor do I care about such things. I was really impressed by Ultima IX''s lack of numbers, and I want to further that endeavor in my own game. MatrixCubed

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement