🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Start of my FPS design doc

Started by
10 comments, last by Domenic 23 years, 9 months ago
In Final Fantasy VIII you can bind one Guardian Force to each of your characters. The idea is that each Guardian Force is a sort of elemental spirit that gives you bonuses in different areas, skills. Some get you bonuses in attack (Fire efreet), some gives you bonuses in Health Magic, etc.
The cool thing is that in combat you can summon them in person to fight for you (one strike only) ... and this kick major a$s !
As well, if you have several GuardianForces, you have to choose which one you want to bind (I am not too sure on that one actually ... but at least I think that would be better not to be able to bind lots of Guardian Forces, otherwise it becomes jsut stupid).

for your idea of spectators, I was just thinking that maybe you could do something where the cheers of the crowd actually influence the players ... maybe the player who has the most support would regain health ? or something like that ? just some ideas.

As well, if you want a cool engine where you can switch camera views without too much hassle, you''ve got to check out the HalfLife SDK. With the sources they give, you can do pretty much anything you want, and not necessarily FPS. This would fit your ideas very well, methinks.

youpla :-P
-----------------------------Sancte Isidore ora pro nobis !
Advertisement
I would sort of like the experience of making my own engine... It would be nice, since I''ve never done any 3D in a real game before.

-Domenic-
Geek^n
-Domenic-Geek^n

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement