🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Street Gang Release Date Moved

Started by
17 comments, last by Magic Card 23 years, 9 months ago
Thanks Nazrix. You''re absolutely right. It''s like this: I complain about Magic Card''s behaviour for a reason. What this guy has done is easily compared to buying something in a store. If the product is defective any sane person goes back into the store and asks for it to be replaced with a working unit. Magic Card immediately goes on-line and bashes the product altogether! Quite unfair as he doesn''t give us a fair chance!

And as for the Anonymous poster who thinks I''m actually enjoying this gamedev.net argueing I can only say that Cliffski pointed me here initially and that since I''m the development manager at Crystal Interactive it is part of my job to communicate with the development community. At first I thought I could help out a few people by telling them more about the business but I end up having to defend myself and my company over and over again. The other day I got a message from a chap I had NEVER even heard of who called me a con man!!! How deep can you fall?

Sorry, but there are some sick SOBs on this board I can tell you.

Alex
Advertisement
Just to add to this. The matter has been passed on to our legal representatives to see if we will take action. A contract was signed and several confidentiality clauses were breached.

If necessary we will set an example to show a contract is still worth something!

Round and round we go...havent we seen a thread similiar to this one(the Crystal Bashing which I am tired of) 1..no was it 2? oh thats right about 13 times now

OME
me up there
Is all this Crystal Interactive bashing neccasary? Really, if you don't like the company, keep it to yourself unless you have something substantial to show.

Just as some general advice: I don't think it's neccasary to take legal action against Magic Card, considering his age (13, right?). But, I'm not sure associating with someone that young is wise either. Perhaps it'd be better to simply drop the contract alltogether, if possible, and have both parties move on.

----------------------------------------
"Before criticizing someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
Then, when you do criticize them, you will be a mile away and have their shoes." -- Deep Thoughts

Edited by - The Senshi on September 15, 2000 8:05:46 PM
I agree with The Senshi. The rumors and lies about Crystal Interactive just have to stop and I'm sick and tired of it all! Just because Magic Card sent the game CD to the wrong address doesn't mean that he should mistake *his* stupidness for fraudulence on behalf of Crystal. I do business with Crystal and I encourage all other small independant developers to give them a shot.

Edit: Also, Alex, I don't think that you should take legal action against Magic Card and maybe simply refuse to publish his game.

Martin

Edited by - lpsoftware on September 15, 2000 9:06:30 PM
______________Martin EstevaolpSoftware
Yes stop this kind of posts. Isn''t this a moderated forum?
Also I hope that you stay on this board Alex and don''t listen to this kind of people.

My companies website: www.nielsbauergames.com

Thanks people, it''s good to know you feel about it like this. Your support is really appreciated and I also hope we can simply get along in the future

The matter with Magic Card has been passed on to our legal representatives but to be honest both Magic Card and his game aren''t worth spending even one minute in court over. Let alone even send a court order. Still, we use an external law firm and this may set a precedent for every little brat who thinks he can get out of a contract if "he doesn''t feel like it" all of a sudden. Because that''s what this is all about. The guy is impatient and doesn''t even give us a chance to rectify the matter. Heck, we even offered the guy to resend it COD to us by UPS or DHL! So there''s no reason for him to A) be upset, and B) Not fulfill the contract.

Anyway, I''m sick and tired of people thinking they''ve written the next Quake 4 in their bedroom and then hyping it to be the single most important thing in the universe. Sure, you''ve got a right to know what''s happening with your game but calling and/or E-mailing every half hour is overdoing it a bit... I have the deepest respect for any programmer, no matter what age, who''s written ANY game. But just treat us with respect too!!!

Every day I get tons of E-mail and regular mail to sift through and people actually seem to think we can reply in 5 minutes from receiving their message. Quite odd... Anyway, I''m glad there are at least some sensible people on this board

Take care,

Alex

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement