🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Screens and Menus

Started by
2 comments, last by TheShadow 23 years, 10 months ago
I was just wondering what is the best way to show the start up screens and if it was a good idea to put the menus as an interface or make all the options inside game available... I used to be afraid of the dark, until i saw the light.
Mecha Engineer (Making Real Humanoid Suits)
Advertisement
You know, this just came up for me. It seems that the options menu for Starcraft is buried inside the game. So if you want to adjust sound levels, you have to start a game first!!! This was somewhat annoying to have to do.

I''d make options available right at the start just for convenience. It''s not a deal breaker, but every little thing helps.

--------------------
Just waiting for the mothership...
--------------------Just waiting for the mothership...
yup.

. . .

. . .

. . .

. . .oh, and as a player, I detest having to wait for an intro animation to load every time I play! I would make this automatic the first time, then set a flag to not automatically cue the intro anymore, but make it readily from the front screen. Just my twenty pesoes.
If you see the Buddha on the road, Kill Him. -apocryphal
You should have a desent amount of options in game especially if it takes a while to load back to the title screen again (PSX). Or if the player has to load and save (characters etc) before hand.

I love Game Design and it loves me back.

Our Goal is "Fun"!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement