🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

New game development tool....

Started by
11 comments, last by Teknofinity 23 years, 10 months ago
I am currently looking for Ideas for a new online tool like napster or scour (but legal). The only difference is I want to make it for game programmers. So I would like to know what your Ideas are. 1) A source code sharing chat (Modules, Functions ETC)? 2) Tutorial Sharing? 3) Media sharing (Audio, Images, Etc) 4) A total Online development network (Private connect and work on games as if on a normal LAN) 5) Any and all Ideas accepted... Thanx for you help.... Be kind to your wives and girlfriends by leaving the breast and thigh examination to Colonel Sanders!!!!
Be kind to your wives and girlfriends by leaving the breast and thigh examination to Colonel Sanders!!!!
Advertisement
Between this board and SourceForge, isn''t this going on already?
Well yes Umm sorta, But I''m talking about a tool that would allow users to connect to other people in a sor of private sense and allow them to work on a game as if they were all in the same building, and "dynamically" (My mom uses that word, personaaly I hate it but I cant think of anyhting better) write code, music, 3D, ETC, and share them instantly through a sort of community chat. My question is what kind of features would you like to see on it?

Be kind to your wives and girlfriends by leaving the breast and thigh examination to Colonel Sanders!!!!
Like winCVS?
Right.....

However WinCVS is limited to Coding only... I want to make something that would allow for other media also (AUDIO, VIDEO, 3D, ETC). Unfortunately I have very few Ideas on how to present this, or what kind of fetures people want/need. This post is basically a way for me to get info on just what people want to see in a multiperson work environment.

Hi Teknofinity!
I think its a very good idea and you already have the best parts listed in the first msg, like code and media sharing.

Is the program in development or just on "paper" ??

Nali
nali@gdvmail.net
President of TitanCoders.
Url: N/A ..coming..
Well right now its on paper... but as of next week I am going to be registering the "Teknofinity.com" domain name, I am going to post up all three of my projects (MY Direct 3D RPG, my computer assistant ovrelay (Sort of a microsoft agent character), And my online game development program). So basically it will be in production starting next week. or this weekend depending on how fast I can get my name registered.

Not really, you can suck down anything in a shared directory as part of the project. .exe, .jpg., etc....
Your missing the point of this post... I am looking for ideas to put on MY program. Not features of another program. Try telling me somehting helpful. This program is intended to be free and will stay free (So is WinCVS but that is irrelevant). The purpose of this program is to help people who are not in the same location work on a project from their home PCs. Whether or not another program has a few features that my program will have doesnt make this an entirely useless project to start. So if you have any Ideas that are maybe improvements on WinCVS orany other program PLEASE POST THEM....

I like your Idea and I have some suggestions to improve your program.

* Thumbnails - Small pictures of things that will be sent before the actual object is sent.

* External Messages - Ability to recieve messages from people that arent on your programming team.

* Previews - Ability to preview things before they are sent.

* Simultaneous working - Ability to work on the same file simultaneously.

* Pseudo Coding - Spreadsheets, Databases, Flowcharts ETC.

These are just a few of the Ideas I have for your program. Hope it works out for you.
PSYKEN-VOO....

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement