🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

online rpg idea

Started by
3 comments, last by OoMMMoO 23 years, 10 months ago
I have an idea for environments on online rpg''s what if you could destroy building like there is a battle between two clans and thier catapults or cannons from thier ship take out a few buildings, the npc''s of the town will then begin to rebuild the the buildings that were destroyed, also if you are attacking thier building they will try and protect it. Another idea is magic also effects environments like you could burn a treen down but the tree will begin to grow later one, there could be designated housing areas so no one could cut down trees then place a house. tell me what you think
Advertisement
Interesting... needs more though.

how bout incorporating my magic system?
http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=23085&forum_id=17&Topic_Title=A+unique+%28hopefully%29+magic+system+idea%2E%2E%2E%2E&forum_title=Game+Design&M=False&S=True
-----------------------------"Beware the programmer with a screwdriver..."
This is a good idea but ideas like this are numerous. Everyone wants to achieve this; It''s the implementation that''s the problem.

-FallingFrog
"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world, butthe unreasonable man tries to adapt the world to him-therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -Samuel Butler
That''s an RTS idea, not an RPG. Destroying buildings during fights is something typical from war games.

Give me one more medicated peaceful moment.
~ (V)^|) |<é!t|-| ~
ERROR: Your beta-version of Life1.0 has expired. Please upgrade to the full version. All important social functions will be disabled from now on.
It's only funny 'till someone gets hurt.And then it's just hilarious.Unless it's you.
Actually - you could work this into a more RPG based experience by weaving in character based interaction and having NPC families plead with your for revenge as they rebuild their shattered lives. This could start out with small random attacks but then depending on what the pc''s do in the aftermath a war could break out or other such things.

More often than not the communities in MMORPGs are based on violent activity and I guess this''d be a good place to shove PKers.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement