🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Stop thinking.

Started by
17 comments, last by Mr Cup 23 years, 10 months ago
I thought I would take this icon out for a spin because it has such low mileage. It seems like every one is going all majorly thinky in this post landfish GameDev society. It''s almost as if he was a collector of positive thought and now he is of doing what ever he does with drunken marsupials, or something, The void has been filled by this mass of over thought sucky crap. Not all of it of course but I feel like I am watching the matrix as i scan the lines of thread looking for a woman in a red dress post. As Mr Cup always says, ''I pretend to work. They pretend to pay me.''
As Mr Cup always says,''I pretend to work. They pretend to pay me.''
Advertisement
If you're looking for a woman in red look at the Assassin Cameo Of The Week thread.

Runemaster
Join the Game Developers SiteRing !

Edited by - runemaster on August 16, 2000 12:33:47 PM
-----Jonas Kyratzes - writer, filmmaker, game designerPress ALT + F4 to see the special admin page.
OK- I''m new here- what was it like before? Was it better? If not, then what''s the problem?

To clarify: I''m not even disagreeing w/ you, Mr. Cup, but I like this board, and I''ve only seen the past 2-3 weeks of topics, so I guess the question is: what''s it *normally* like on this board? I guess its the overthought intellectual crap that drew me to this board in the first place, and I''d hate to see it go.

Or are we talking about two different things? Could someone fill me in here?
If you see the Buddha on the road, Kill Him. -apocryphal
The way it used to be is people would just come on and ask people if they can write stories for them for the most part. Now there''s actual descussion.
Need help? Well, go FAQ yourself. "Just don't look at the hole." -- Unspoken_Magi
quote: Original post by Nazrix

The way it used to be is people would just come on and ask people if they can write stories for them for the most part. Now there''s actual descussion.

I''m confused.... before you enter this forum the desrciption reads Game design discussion.
Is there a problem with the way it is now?

Dave "Dak Lozar" Loeser
Dave Dak Lozar Loeser
"Software Engineering is a race between the programmers, trying to make bigger and better fool-proof software, and the universe trying to make bigger fools. So far the Universe in winning."--anonymous
You know, I used to be a thinker. I used to think two, three times a day. It became a real problem. Instead of hanging out with my friends and family, I''d be off in the library somewhere.

Soon it got worse.

Neitzche. Heigel. I couldn''t stop!

Then I found Thinker''s Anonymous. They helped with my problem, and now I don''t think anymore!!!

--------------------
Just waiting for the mothership...
--------------------Just waiting for the mothership...
The results are amazing!

You can really see the difference.

(sorry, I just had to... this isn''t a flame )

"Man is the only animal that laughs and weeps; for he is the only animal that is struck with the difference between what things are and what they ought to be."
        --William Hazlitt
Greenspun's Tenth Rule of Programming: "Any sufficiently complicated C or Fortran program contains an ad-hoc, informally-specified bug-ridden slow implementation of half of Common Lisp."
Man, if I could stop thinking, I might sleep once in a while.

Besides, there are a few pointless threads on the board. Like this one

-------------------------------------------
"What's the story with your face, son?!?"
-------------------------------------------The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still.Exodus 14:14
quote: Original post by Dak Lozar
I''m confused.... before you enter this forum the desrciption reads Game design discussion.
Is there a problem with the way it is now?

Dave "Dak Lozar" Loeser

No, I''m not complaining about how it is now at all. It''s so nice that we''re actually discussing things.

I am glad that I''m not the only one who is thinking too much. I over-analyze freaking everything. I do so much analyzing that I never actually get much done. I don''t know anyone near me now that I can really talk to about intellectual stuff (I used to where I used to live though) so I either end up discussing things online or debating w/ myself ....I have some real issues

"The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom." --William Blake

"The road of excess also just ends up making me tired because I'm too lazy" --Nazrix
Need help? Well, go FAQ yourself. "Just don't look at the hole." -- Unspoken_Magi
quote: Original post by Nazrix

I don''t know anyone near me now that I can really talk to about intellectual stuff (I used to where I used to live though) so I either end up discussing things online or debating w/ myself ....I have some real issues

I mostly talk things out with my buddy Tyler. He makes soap...

--------------------
Just waiting for the mothership...
--------------------Just waiting for the mothership...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement